Sunday, September 7, 2014

AUGUST 25, 2014

Hey mom!!!
Good morning! I love you a lot! I´m so happy to see that you got to meet Hna. Johnson. She said that you and dad are just so cute.
She loved the collage that you gave her. That was really nice of you. Thank you. She´s happy and that makes me happy. I´m sure she talked to you already, she was super nervous to go home, but it makes me happy to know that everything is great!! 

Fun at the Feria
So like I told you last week, we ended up going to the feria on Monday. It was fun!! There were lots of crazy people, dancing, and lots of cool things!
I´m terrified to send pictures, but I´ll do it!! I saved them to my usb already, just in case!! Okay, I did it... all is good! The feria was fun!

"Shall we start teaching him?"



I´m glad we went. I want to go when we visit and dress up! After the feria, we came home and I wrote you a letter. I still need to send it. I need stamps, I¨m gonna buy them today. After that, we started working again. Our first plan failed, so we went to go do a back up... I messed up on the door and this man opened the door and we talked to him and he is awesome! His name is Marco Antonio and he just is great. We went to go get a member who lived close to come help us, but as we were going back - he had to leave. That night, we saw Michael. He has had a hard time with something. He said he had been really sad for a few weeks. He has a Spanish girlfriend that doesn´t have very good standards. He doesn´t want to break the commandments, so we talked a little bit about standing as a witness in all things, times, and places. He said he is going to break up with her.

Tuesday we had district meeting, and then we went to see Milagros and Mari. We talked about the law of chastity. Mari remembered really well about what it was. She surprises me everytime. She is incredible. When I first met her, I had no idea what a strong testimony she would have. After, we taught a woman named Yolanda. After that lesson, Hna. Guerrero and I were thinking the same thing. We can´t teach on benches. The spirit is not strong, it isn´t there. I think it´s pretty incredible the difference I´ve felt growing up in my mission. I can recognize the spirit a lot better. I´m so grateful for that! So incredibly grateful! After that, I got on a bus to Almeria. I slept almost the entire way. I got to do an intercambio with Hna. Roan!!! I love her so much. We had so much fun, and she just makes you feel so happy and loved. After I got home, I still just felt so happy. It was a good intercambio. That evening when I got home we got to eat with the Bishop´s family. They are really fun. His wife is crazy!! They are from Uraguay and cook really yummy food. 

Thursday we ate with Milagros and then went to the train station to see Hna. Johnson.
Goodbyes are hard!
It was sad. I cried, I´m such a baby. But I only got to see her for a second. After, I was just pretty sad. It made me sad to know how fast the time passed and that is just keeps going fast. We got ice cream, then we did another intercambio with Hna. Read and her companion Hna. Reed. I was with my hija, it was fun. I love her a lot. She is awesome! She is doing a great job, her area is struggling a little bit, but she has such a great attitude. She asked me what my plans were for after the mission. I told her I had no idea. She asked me if I think that I should think about it. It made me remember what President Deere said to Hna. Blake. He asked her the same thing - if she was wanted to go to school or wait. She said that she wasn´t thinking about it. He told her that it is something important and that she should. I always feel like I shouldn´t think about anything other than the mission, and I feel bad everytime I start thinking about college and where and what I should I do with my life. But he´s right, it is important. 

Friday we taught a few people in the morning, and then we switched back. That afternoon we visited quite a few people and had some good lessons. We´ve been trying hard to get people to give us referrals. If you and dad have the missionaries over to eat... before they come, you should pray and think of non-members that you could introduce to the missionaries. It really is so much better when members tell you people to go visit. As we were walking around, I asked Hermana Guerrero.. ´´sabes que es un scene´´ English - ´´do you know what a scene is´´  she responded, ´´pecado´´ english ´´sin´´ hahaha it was funny!!! (: I love her! We were practicing English all day.
Churros and Chocolate
We were on our way to see some less-active members and we saw a woman named Yeidi from Columbia with two little babies in a stroller. We asked if we could talk to her for a little bit. She was very happy and said yes. She is incredible... but of course - she lives in the a.p.´s area. (:

Saturday morning, we met with some more investigators and found a new one named Joaquin. He said he would like to come to church. That afternoon we saw Yeidi again and she said she is going to come to church on Sunday.

Sunday we saw so many miracles. Yeidi came and Joaquin too!! Then our old investigator Juan came and Natalia a new investigator of ours that appearantly used to come to church all the time! It was an awesome Sunday. In total, out of the 6 missionaries that are in our ward.. we had 16 investigators at church on Sunday! So awesome! (:

This week was good. After a little while of being sad after H. Johnson left, I got better. We have interviews with president this week so I´m excited for that! 

I am really happy mom! I can´t express how incredible a mission is. It´s something that is indescribable and something that I want to do for the rest of my life. It´s helped me understand what kind of mother I would like to be. What is actually important in life and the way I want to teach my children.

I love you!!
To Da
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment