Monday, September 9, 2013

OPENING A NEW AREA


Hola From SPAIN!!!
Thank you so much for the packages and letters that were sent to the mission home! I received them and I was so happy!! Now I have my real address so PLEASE PLEASE send them here! I´ll get them much faster! It is
Sister Sara Brown
Calle Isaac Peral
15, 5ºC
21002 Huelva
ESPAÑA

Okay! So..
29th last P-day I had we went to the temple for the last time! It was great, I remembered everything. It was a great session! And... another prayer was answered! It´s the coolest thing when that happens! For P-day we went to SOL or center of Madrid. My companion left me and went with other sisters and so we got in trouble, but yeah it was fun being with Abby and her companion and the teacher! We ate McDONALDS!! whoo whoo!! That night was the devotional by Elder Neil Anderson.
30th
It was our last real day in the CCM ): Our teachers told us goodbye and we hugged and had lots of tears!!! We were Hermana Notario, and Hermana Moncho´s last group so they were quite sad!!
31st
My last day in the park, we were with our normal companions. Hermana Morris and I were not having much success. We saw a guy from Ireland that I met the week before. We talked to him and I told him I brought him a Book of Mormon in English just for him. He wouldn´t take it  ): but yeah... overall the day wasn´t very successful, BUT right as we were getting ready to sing by the fountain guess who I saw... ALLISON!!! My friend from NZ! I hugged her and told her how happy I was to see her! She was so happy to see us too! OH btw.. what Mission is Hunter in??  I need to know so I can tell him about her!
1st
I´ll be an old woman in a month from today! Crazy!! Today I read John 15:18 it was so great! It talked about how amazing our Savior is! It was fast sunday, so TESTIMONY meeting! I bore my testimony of course! It was a great day! I also received a blessing from Elder Cluff in my district. He did such an amazing job! He really thought about what to say and the spìrit was so strong! For devo today we watched the Joseph Smith movie!! WATCH IT!! It´s so great! (:  I don´t know why I have never seen it before!
2nd
My last day with my amazing district! It was so sad to leave them! ): Elder Cluff cracks me up! He is such a funny elder, all of my elders in my district feel like my brothers. They are so sweet and care about us so much! We had DOMINOES pizza tonight for our last meal! It was so yummy! We took lots of goodbye pictures and then had another testimony meeting with the entire MTC. As the time was about over, a girl stood up to bear her testimony. She got up to the microphone and said ´´I´m so sorry, I just really felt prompted to come up here and bear my testimony to you´´ she went on to say, ´´I would not be surprised if Jesus Christ walked through those doors right now because the spirit is so strong´´ as soon as she said that, the door to the chapel opened. Everyone gasped and turned their heads.. Standing in the doorway was, a short, chubby, Spañard man! hahaha everyone was laughing and it was a good way to end the MTC stay. I thought to myself, Heavenly Father has such a good sense of humor! (: After the testimony meeting we said goodbye to everyone, I only cried when Hermana Notario hugged me! She is seriously the coolest!
3rd
Our elders in our district came and said goodbye to us by our buses. We rode a fast train down to Málaga, and met president Deere and his wife and Brother and Sister Castillo. (His second counselor) I love them already! They are so sweet and love us so much! We had pizza again and I started talking to the two native Spanish speakers that came from the MTC.. I never really talked to them in the MTC. I LOVE THEM!! They are the cutest and funniest girls ever... and they LOVE to make fun of my BROKEN Spanish!
4th
Okay.. this day felt like Christmas DAY waiting to see who our trainers were.  It was SO EXCITING!! My companion’s name is Hermana Johnson! She is from Sandy, Utah and is the youngest of 9 kids. We both share something in common, and that is how much we LOVE our nieces and nephews. Her family is opposite of ours. They have lots of little Grandsons and very few granddaughters. But we get along SO great! I really like her and she is very obedient and diligent! and very VERY good as Spanish! So do you want the good news or bad news!! This seems to be the theme of our first week in Huelva. In our Piso (apartment) we have; NO electricity, NO water, No fridge it was quite an adventure, BUT we are super close to the chapel. This city is the place where Christopher Columbus sailed from. So that is pretty legit! Oh and we are OPENING the area! We are the first sisters to be here in 10 years! The ward really, really loves us! The only other missionaries here are two elders, Elder Harman from Mesa Arizona (he knows Lorelei) and Elder Núñez from Chile (He knows Garrett Gundestrup) So my first night here we had a dinner cita! We ate at Juan José´s house. He fed us quite well!! I´ll write more about it, but I was super full, then he brought out this yogurt. It had (as much as I hate this word, there is no other way to describe this) CHUNKS in it. It was so disgusting, but I ate the whole thing! My companion told me that President told her she was getting a great companion! That made me feel really good! (:
5th
We had ANOTHER eating cita today. With Antonio and Rosa Marie! The food was delicious, it was this bean soup and these fried things that tasted like chinese something. But we shared the message, and  I think it went quite well. I had to go back to Málaga today so I can do residency tomorrow. Luckily ABBY was at the mission home! So we got to have a real goodbye this time!
6th
Residency, oh... and Abby and I talked to this girl from Maryland on the bus. She was traveling around the world and she has already been gone for 10 months! Crazy huh?! She was very nice her name was Holly, but we didn´t really get into religion too much!
7th
So guess who the new ward pianist is!! Yep.. me (: AND they are going to start baseball classes here, so my companion said it was perfect that I was called here! haha
8th
We introduced ourselves and bore our testimony in sacrament today. We also had a lesson with Antonio and Rosa Marie, Rosa Marie told me she saw me in the Madrid temple. She also said that she knew I would get called to Huelva! Crazy huh?!  After our lesson with them, we had an eating cita with Cristal she fed us Pasta with hot dogs in it! It was pretty good... after we left her house we headed home so we could get the studying done that we needed to, BUT we ended up getting really lost! It was kinda funny, we were talking about getting lost in a scary neighborhood and my comp says, ´´don´t worry Hermana Brown, I´ll beat you up!´´ whoops!! haha it was a fun ´´p-day eve´´

Questions she answered that I asked:
So why did some of of you spend two nights at the Mission President's home instead of one? I only spent one, but some had to stay to do residency

How do you pronounce Huelva (in English pronunciation)? WELL VA or BA

Do we mail letters to you directly or to the Mission Home like we did for Brett? No my address is CALLE ISAAC PERAL
                                                                                                                                            15, 5ºC 21002 Huelva, España

Did you get the packages-one from us and two from Robyn? Yes!! Thank you so much!! You can send everything to that address now!!

Will you go someplace to email at the same time each Monday?  We might be earlier than this on other Monday´s... today was kinda weird!

What did you do/or will you do today? We didn´t do much! We cleaned and I practiced the piano, and wrote letters and ... got ice cream!

Tell me about your companion. She seriously is the best! I love her (: we get along so great!

Are there other Hermana's in your area? We´re the only ones... the ward members are SO GREAT here... they are so helpful in giving references and they threw a small party for us and they are just very involved in missionary work! It´s great! and I love being the only Hermanas..

How do you get around? Walk... LOTS! UP and down hills

What's the weather like? It´s pretty hot... not like Málaga though.. much better! (:

I love you lots!!! I´m going to try to send pictures! (: hopefully it works! I love you!
Have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Sara Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment