Sunday, January 12, 2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!


December 30, 2013

Merry Christmas to All!!!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas this past week! I know I did! (: Everyone is right, Christmas on the mission is great.. and who can say that they´ve spent a Christmas in Spain right?! 

Monday was busy. We had to buy a few last minute things for Christmas, and we got a little hair cut. I really needed it, the water here is really bad and it´s ruining my hair. So L (a recent convert) cut it for me for free (: So nice! Then we went and taught M and L a message about Christmas. It actually went really well, no fighting or arguing this time. They had a cute little nativity with a light that was right on baby Jesus! So cute! Then we had family home evening at the R´s. G came again (: The lady who was supposed to teach the lesson didn´t come, so we taught about humility.. and can you believe it... I studied that this morning! Crazy, it was great!! Tuesday was Christmas EVE!!! (Noche Buena) and that morning we had District Meeting. We did a white elephant exchange with the whole zone. It was a lot of fun. I got a book about La Mancha, and I was actually really excited to get it! Better than a silly toy right?! After that we came home, then had pretty good lesson with M (our last one with him) ): he´s a recent convert, so we just finished all the new member lessons. It was about Enduring to the End. Even though we taught the lesson in the portal of a piso (like the staircase) the spirit was still there. After...... we went to the R´s to SKYPE!!! Whoooo so fun! The time flew by, but it was super great to see everyone so happy! I loved talking to you Mom and Dad. I´m glad it was just you two so I could talk and not have the house so CRAZY!! I wish I could have talked all night, but I´m grateful that you all help me in my decision to be obedient. I was thinking about that after, I wonder if some parents are like ´´no just stay on a little longer, it´s probably fine.´´ but you guys weren´t that way, and I really appreciate that!
After I skyped, I was a little sad.. then the Elders came and we played card games and had a good time! We ate (and I must say, I miss the food at home) It´s nice, but I really miss Mom and Dad´s cooking!
We got to stay at the house until 12, then we had to go. We came home, and got ready for bed. I made a little thing for Hermana P, not much.. but I´ll attach a picture. I just cut pieces of paper that said, MERRY CHRISTMAS PARRILLA.
She doesn´t know this yet, but on the back of each of them, I wrote things I love about her. I´m excited for her to read them!! Then the next day was CHRISTMAS!!
We woke up and played some Christmas music and went in to look what Papa Noel brought us. Hermana P started crying when she saw what I had done for her. Then we opened our stockings! I loved the scriptures that came with it! It felt like a REAL missionary Christmas! (: After that... we opened a few of our presents! I loved LOVED LOVED the book with the paintings! Ahh I love it!
Thank you so much for all the gifts, it really was a special Christmas!
After opening presents, we got ready and went to the church. We made an AMERICAN breakfast. With pancakes, bacon, eggs, toast and sweet chili sauce!! (: it was really fun! We watched Mr. Krougers Christmas and it made me think of Dad. I don´t know why, probably because Mr. Krouger is such a happy and optimistic guy! I realized what an amazing father I have! After that, we came back home and later that evening went to T´s house. She is 17 and really sweet, she wants to serve a mission! It was pretty relaxed, even though it was a TWISTER outside!! Good Christmas!
Cute onsie pajamas from the McCarneys!!
Thursday was back to work! We had a lesson with A about goals, it went really well. She said she is going to do her part so Heavenly Father can help her overcome her fear. Then we saw E (our atheist investigator) and her sister M (who is religious). We had a lesson about goals, and E is changing... little by little. Today she told us that she believes that God might exist. And her sister M said that she feels like her life is better and everything is fine since we came into it! Really pretty cool! (: Then we ate with G and M and it was a feast!! Really good  stuff! (: After, we went to give C her Christmas present. She was really appreciative, and super thirsty too. She asked if she could drink some of the fanta right there... she must have really needed liquid. It was nice! I´m glad she could be happy with it. She is the one I used the money from Bown’s to buy something for Christmas! She wanted to tell us something, she said there was a pigeon that was really cold so she took it and put it in her jacket, when we went back later that night to help her bring her things to her house, the bird was still in there.  Super gross. After we saw her in the afternoon, we went to correlation and English class. G told us she used to fight, in Brasil!!! I was not expecting cute little G to do that! Then we went to M ´s house and had a lesson about goals with them. Then we went and helped Cl.
Friday was a good day. We had a lesson with the future we found last week. J. She´s originally from D.R. but lived in America for a while, and now is in Spain with her daughter. She said she was going to come to Church, but she didn´t end up coming, she´s actually not in our area - we had to give her to the Zone Leaders. We were really sad. ): but it´s alright. We went and got Hna F (one of the SHE’s) and knocked doors in our building. While we were knocking, one grandma opened the door without any clothes on. I didn´t see much, but Hna F did! Naked Grandma?? never thought I would see it on a mission. Then we then went to eat at G´s AGAIN! And then we went to have a lesson with M. She gave us some chocolate and shrimp for Hna P.. super nice! Then We asked G if she wanted to come contact with us. As we were waiting for her, we were sitting on a bench, and who walked up... J. She said she is looking for a piso in this neighborhood, (which is our area, so if she moves there we would be able to teach her). I guess if we´re supposedd to teach her, she´ll find a piso! We knocked on her building and one woman from Columbia let us in. (speaking of that... what part did Ben serve in?) We taught her about the Book of Mormon and G  bore her testimony. It was powerful. IT was a super cool lesson. Then we went and contacted in a park, one guy came up to us and said in English , ´´hey i know you guys´´ we were surprised, and got his information. He too is in the zone leaders´area. We did lots of work for them this week!! We had a lesson about the Book of Mormon in the park with a lady named R. She is really sweet, but works a lot. Her grandpa is a member of the church, hopefully we´ll be able to teach her more. She actually is in our area. Saturday was pretty cool... We played sports and it was a lot of fun! I scored my FIRST goal in SPAIN!!!!! whooooo! Later that day was the cool part. We went to MdR’s and her brother and his wife were there. We talked to them and then asked them if they were religous. We taught the book of Mormon and after, I bore a small TINY testimony and honestly I don´t even remember what I said - but the brother , his name is L, said ´´you have a really sweet voice. I can tell when you talk you speak from your heart.´´ he apologized to Hna P and then told me that I (fall well with him) meaning, He has a good feeling about me. It made me so so so so happy to hear. Usually people hear me talk and immediately judge my accent. It was nice to hear, that he actually was listening to what I was saying rather than how I speak. Super cool experience. He wants the missionaries to visit him. He lives in the Madrid mission. It was super cool experience!!

I love you all so much!! I hope you had happy holidays!
Love,
Hermana Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment