Sunday, January 12, 2014

ONLY TWO DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!


December 23, 2013

Good Morning best family in the world!! 
I cannot believe only 2 days until Christmas!! (: I am so excited! This week has been great! It was our week to find the elect of God. Last week was our preparation week, and this was our week to work!! We witnessed many miracles and I am so grateful that I can be a servant in God´s hands. We had a goal as a mission to find 800 new investigators in one week. We found 847 new investigators in ONE WEEK!! It´s been amazing! I´ll start at the beginning like always (:

Monday! This day was so great.. and I think I began to forget the miracles we witnessed this day as the week went on, but it really was miraculous the things that occurred! After p-day was over, we went to see E (15 yr old Atheist) and at first she didn´t want to let us in, she said she felt nothing when she prayed only (NERVOUSNESS). I couldn´t help but think that, that is kind of the feeling I feel when I feel the need to bear my testimony, or when I feel the spirit. There isn´t really a great way to describe the way I feel, but sometimes it´s a feeling of nervousness. I don´t really know, but I tried to explain that to her, and she didn´t think it was the spirit testifying of anything. She is going to pray for an entire week, without missing a day, and then she will talk to us again. This lesson was special, the spirit was really strong. For someone who doesn´t believe in God, she sure seemed to feel something in that lesson. The miracle that we witnessed, was that as her mother was in the kitchen cooking, she was listening. She then came and asked if she could listen. Her mother is religious and wanted to know more. It was such a neat experience. We ended up having 2 new investigators on Monday. 

Tuesday I had a really good personal study. I studied specifically for G
 and M, but we ended up not seeing either of them. We went to visit an old investigator named G. She is a little old, but she loves to hear the word of God. She turned out to be a new investigator too. We went to visit a less-active woman and as we were looking for the piso number, a woman opened the door and said, ´´are you looking for someone´´? in English. We talked to her and asked if she would be interested in hearing the gospel. She replied with a happy ´´YES´´. Her name is J and she is awesome! After eating with some members, we went to visit a member, A. Outside her door was a woman named C. She is a ´´begger´´ I guess you would call it, but she is really just trying to provide for herself. She is really sweet, and has a big heart. We had a lesson in the street with her and planned another one in the house of A. We taught the Family Home Evening for our ward. We taught about the scriptures. We had everyone take 5 minutes and write the last letter of their lives to whomever they wanted. After they wrote it, we took the letters - and ripped them up. Their faces were quite sad, because that was the last thing they left behind before they died. It´s like the sacrifice that was done so that we can have the Book of Mormon. I think the lesson went really well, and people seemed to enjoy it!! So this day we had 2 new investigators also.

Wednesday we had district meeting and after we ate an interesting lunch. Lasagna, Hot Dogs, Bread, Cheese, Dr. Pepper (yeah I found some)  and chicken nuggets.
Not super healthy, but we had to work with what we had! Then Elder E and I practiced for our talent. Later we went to have a lesson with C. We taught the Book of Mormon and then gave it to her. She held it close, in silence, and began to cry. She was SO GRATEFUL , I’ve never seen someone be like that after receiving the Book of Mormon. She hugged us and said how happy she was. After, she gave us candy (like the expensive Ferrero Roche) and I could not believe someone with so little, was willing to give us that, instead of keeping it for herself. Really neat day. Even thought we didn´t get any new investigators - it was a day full of miracles.

Thursday we had a lesson with a new investigator, I. It was a really sad lesson, we taught the restoration and he told us he didn´t want to return to live in the Kingdom of God. He wants to be in his own kingdom. I was really sad, I couldn´t believe that. I don´t know how much of our time we´re going to spend on him now. He doesn´t have a desire to be in the presence of God right now maybe later on he´ll realize what he´s missing. Later that night we had a lesson with an old investigator named R. She is really sweet, and said we can come to dinner whenever we´d like! So nice! We ended up with one new investigator this day.
Friday was rough. Every one of our plans failed. We ended up knocking doors ALL day, trying to find someone that wants to hear. But we knocked an ´´atheist building´´ and a ´´super catholic building´´ We have yet to find the ´´building of gold´´ but we know it´s out there somewhere!! We went and saw G later that night, and I´m so glad we did, because she just boosted my spirits with her sincere desire to change. Then we went and had dinner with R (less-active) and she made us Soup.. it was SOUP-er yummy!! We didn´t get any news today.
Saturday we had lunch with J, a non-member who comes to English class every week. He and his girlfriend and her daughter. They made, tortilla de patata (my favorite spanish food in the world, chicken, sliced tomatoes and green olives (which I ABSOLUTELY love now)  and bread and meat. It was so good! and after everything, J would say! ´´This is typical Spanish food´´ I told him how much I love tortilla de patata and his girlfriend MA said she will make me one of my own!! Later that night we had the Ward Party. Christmas Devotional, Talent Show and Dinner and then Dancing! It was really fun!! After the talent show, as we were getting ready for the dinner, Hermana Parrilla yelled my name and I turned and saw E. I have talked about her before in my letters. But she is a friend of a recent convert in our ward. She came to church and family home evening and really liked it. She had a lesson with us and we set a baptismal date for her. After that, we tried to call her to plan for another cita, but we could not get a hold of her. This happened about 3 weeks ago. We were discouraged that she was not interested anymore. As we talked at the ward party she began to tear up and said she would like to talk. We went into the classroom in the church and talked with her. She said that she wants to be better and she knows she can be. We talked about repentance and she said she is going to do everything possible to change. One thing I love about her, is that she asks questions when she doesn´t understand something. Even a word like restitution (she was soaking up everything, and we know because she was asking questions) After we talked, I looked at her and I began to tear up. I told her that I have been thinking about her since we last had a lesson. I told her that when I saw her in the chapel today, I was filled with happiness. We all had a good cry, then she said. ´´What do I have to do to be baptized´´ She´s amazing, and I love her so so so so much. The only sad thing is, is that she isn´t in our area, she´s in the area of the zone leaders. She´s happy to be taught by anyone, and now she has a date for January 4. They have to meet with her everyday for her to be prepared, but she´s ready for it!! Even though we didn´t end up getting a new this day... we helped someone on their way to baptism!
Sunday we had a plan to see the future, J. But she said she couldn´t come. ): Hopefully this week we´ll see her. G came to church and really enjoyed it. Then we had a lesson with her... and HER BOYFRIEND, M.
We taught about the Book of Mormon and he seemed really interested. He is serious about this, and I know that he´ll get an answer and they can learn and grow together. After the lesson, they fed us! So nice! They gave us gifts too... I couldn´t believe it! G gave me a baseball with NEW YORK YANKEES on it. I´m not even mad... it will remind me of her!  I love it so much!! (:

We wanted 8 new investigators this week, and only ended up with 6. I was really bummed that we didn´t meet our goal, but as I´ve been thinking back at this week and remembering the miracle that have happened, there is no way I can be disappointed with our effort. I´m so grateful for the miracles and the mercy of the Lord. I know that I am nothing, and I will boast of the strength of the Lord. I will do all I can to be obedient and bring souls unto Christ. 

I hope all of you have a VERY Merry Christmas, and remember all that the Savior as done for us. We are servants in His hands, and I hope we can all live to our potential. I know this church is true, I know my Savior lives and He loves and knows me. I am so grateful for this time of year to serve others and remember the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. 

I love you!
Have a Merry Christmas!
Love,
Hermana Sara Brown




No comments:

Post a Comment