Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Semana Santa

April 14, 2014
Happy Semana Santa!
This week went by pretty fast, but also seems like forever ago since I talked to you!!
Monday we were both pretty tired. We decided not to play basketball with the elders, instead, we went to a vegan restaraunt.

Can you believe it!? I did it for my compie, it wasn´t too bad actually. We know the owners, and we decided to pass by. I had pasta, and it tasted alright. That afternoon, we had a lesson with M 2. He had read the chapter we gave him, and has been praying. He hadn´t prayed to know it was true yet, but said he has been praying more. He told us that he wants to go to church, but he works on Sundays in Benidorm. It´s a pueblo about 40 minutes away - but he said that he is going to ask his boss if he can have a few hours sunday morning to go to church there. He´is pretty awesome, we had a pretty good lesson, it was just in a park. ): After, we went to noche de hogar and J came too. They fed us yummy hamburgers, and when I say us, I mean me, not my compy. They gave her something else.
Tuesday morning we ran into D. He is the father of a old investigator family. He said that he has read the Book of Mormon, and he likes it and says, ´´it´s a lot like the bible´´. He wants us to bring his girls to english class and noche de hogar so they can learn. He´s pretty great, and I am super glad we ran into him again. Then we saw M 1. He wasn´t drunk!!! We taught him the word of wisdom and it was such a great lesson. He said he would stop drinking and get out of the area where he lives because it´s just not a good scene. Then we saw S. We taught him about tithing and he just kept telling us that he doesn´t have money. We had to explain a few times that you pay only when you receive money. I think he finally understood us. (he doesn´t speak much spanish, only arabic) It´s a little difficult to teach him, but he´s the best. After we passed by F. We didn´t have time for a lesson, but as soon as we walked in, she told me I looked fatter, and that my chest looks bigger than last time. Yeah... Spain is weird. After that we went and picked up D´s girls and walked with them to English class. They were super cute, and the little 9 year-old, A was crazy excited for the noche de hogar. She had to leave early, right in the middle of the game, and she started to cry. ): E was there and she helped us comfort A. Then we went to teach R with E again!! This time, he asked HER to say the opening prayer, and she did- and it was the most beautiful prayer I´ve ever heard her give. Then we talked a little more about Joseph Smith and they asked, ´´why him? why is he the prophet?´´ E answered, ´´because he´s the one who asked.´´ She is growing in her testimony and when they asked her if she is a member, she said, ´´no, there are a few things I need to do before I´m baptized´´ AHHH best thing ever. 
Wednesday, we passed by A. She was SO excited to see us. She said she had been praying that we would come, then we showed up. She is just adorable. We passed by and she just lit up. Later, we saw J. We talked to him about the priesthood. He isn´t reading much in the book of Mormon, and it´s a little disappointing. We committed him to read and pray. I hope he does it. Then we ate at dominoes to break my fast. It was AWESOME!! So delicious. Then we saw S and talked to him about his baptism. He said he is ready and excited. He is just super funny, he said ´´I have to wear white right?´´ He is a cutie. Then we saw G and watched the Restoration dvd. I had never seen it before, and I thought it was super awesome!! G wasn´t as convinced that Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus - we asked her to pray to know that it is true. Sadly she will be on vacation for these next few days. That night, we saw R but just talked to him in his doorway because there weren´t any women there. 

Thursday we had zone training and President Deere taught us about working with the members. It was a super good conference. Then we ate with the R. We walked in and I said, ´´wow, smells really good.´´ E said, ´´smells like meat huh?´´ Then we went to sit down and all the plates had meat, so I was a little confused. They were so excited and happy to tell Hna. Read that it was fake meat. It tasted pretty good!! As we walked out of the lesson, we saw a man down on the ground. At first we thought he was sleeping, but the way his body was - looked like something worse. We walked past, and then a police officer came and shook him and checked his pulse. Then immediately called the hospital. It was sad, and pretty scary. We´re pretty sure he was dead. Right after that, we went home and the SHE´s came and we did intercambios. I went with Hna. Johnson in her area, and Hna. Nielsen came to ours. It was fun, we saw a bunch of her people and I learned a lot. As we were walking back from a cita, I made Hna. Johnson laugh so hard, that she actually peed her pants. It was funny - we had to go change at the piso. That night before going to sleep, Hna. Johnson told me that I was her favorite hija! (: I love her a lot. She´s my bestie!!! Hopefully we just both get transferred to the same place again! She leaves in about 4 months!!! Crazy huh?
Friday we finished intercambios and in the morning, Hna. Johnson and I were so so tired. I have just felt weird too. Like sad, but I didn´t know why. People noticed too. I don´t know why - but I was exhausted. After medio-dia, Hna. Read and I had our last lesson planned with S. He failed us. He didn´t answer his phone and we didn´t have his address. We went to the area where he lived and searched for him. I tried calling and calling and finally he picked up. He told me he couldn´t come back to the church and that he wasn´t getting baptized tomorrow. He could tell the sadness in my voice as I was about to break down into tears. He said, ´´está bien, brown - no pasa nada.´´ I don´t know what is going to happen with him. But he didn´t get baptized on Saturday. We were really bummed. We came home and did our weekly planning and then then had a quick lesson with R.
Saturday we saw F. He is doing so awesome!! He got a job and he realized that it is from the fast and prayers. He realizes that God puts all the blessings he has in his path. We also saw A and then we saw D. She is a referral from a less-active. We taught her the Book of Mormon and lesson zero. As we were talking, she started to cry and then she explained how hard of a time she had been having. We promised her that the gospel will help her. She was really cute, and I already love her.
Sunday A and A both got callings!! Whooo it´s so great - I love when less-actives get rescued! We didn´t have any investigators in church, but a new family from England is moving in. There is a mother with 3 girls and the dad isn´t a member. I met the mom and girls and they are just the cutest. That afternooon, we saw J outside of the church while the other ward was going on. As we were starting the lesson, up the steps come, F, E, the two kids and F´s cousin, A. It was such a miracle and I´m sure E could see in my face how happy I was. I just went and hugged her! It was so great! That evening, F a less-active, invited her friend over to listen to us and then eat empanadas!!! The lesson was alright, it wasn´t as good as I would have liked, but the empanandas were amazing! I ate way too much, but they were awesome!

This week was a tough one. I struggled with a few things, but I know that my Heavenly Father loves me, and is taking care of me.
I love you all. Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment