Tuesday, June 17, 2014

April 28, 2014 HAPPY HUMP WEEK!


Happy Hump Week!!
CRAZY that I´m half-way. It doesn´t feel like it that´s for sure! I love it so much, and it makes me a little sad to know that I´m on the down slope. I read a talk from Pres. Uchtdorf that talks about always being in the middle. I´m just going to keep saying that I´m at the half-way mark of my mission until the last day! It´s better that way!
This week was pretty good. Monday we picked up E and went to Dominos. We ate with all the missionaries, then went to the church to play sports. It was so much fun. We played soccer and basketball - then we went inside for a little bit, then it started to rain so we went and played soccer in the rain! Such a blast! It wasn´t pouring but it was raining enough to make it fun! Then we came home and showered quickly and went to the R's. (they wanted to have the family home evening earlier because they were going somewhere) When we got there, their return missionary son told us that there were investigators there. But I knew he was lying the whole time. The one girl played like she didn´t know much about the church for a long time. I could tell she was a member, one - I saw her garments. two - everyone was laughing. But she is really cute. She was H´s (the return missionary) mom in the mission. After, we went to A´s and R´s and taught there mother who is super old. R wants her to be baptized before she dies. She is a Jehova´s witness, but she is listening to us. R made us vegitarian paella and ensalada ruso! (russian) it was super yummy!! I loved it!
Tuesday we helped with the primary activity at the church. It was a lot of sitting around, which was a bummer - but we were able to help so that was good. During medio-dia we went to go stay with Hna. Nielsen at the bus station. After, we were able to see F and E. We wanted to watch finding faith in Christ, but the remote didn´t work to change it to Spanish. So we ended up talking about faith, E wants to be baptized - but F doesn´t want to commit to anything. After that, we taught English class then had the noche de hogar. As Hna. Read, E and I were walking to a lesson, I stepped in dog poop. In my sandals... (well, your sandals) and it got on my foot. It was SUPER gross. We went back to the church and cleaned it up. So we weren´t able to go teach the lesson. I ended up throwing the sandals away... they kind of hurt my feet. So I´m going to be looking for some other ones. I need some, especially here in the summer.
Wednesday we went to pick up Hna. Nielsen and the bus station and she came with us to a lesson. We saw this lady who is evangelical.. it was an interesting lesson. We didn´t have much time, so we decided to share a scripture in Alma. We opened up the Book of Mormon and she went and got her bible and she said ´´chapter 32, let´s see if it´s the same as in my bible´´ she opens up her bible to deuteronomy and chapter 32 and then she said ,´´not the same´´. It was a struggle of a  lesson - we arent going to keep teaching her because It´s a waste of time! Then we went to E´s and stayed with her during medio-dia. She fed us yummy ecuadorian food. Then we went to the bus station to pick up.... HNA LYONS!!
It was fun to see her for a few minutes! We talked and caught up a little bit. Then E came with us to see A because he called us and told us he was in town. We saw him and he invited us to come to his house to eat this week. He is a professional cook and works at a 5-star restaurant. After him, we saw F. We taught him about being a disciple and the he said the saddest thing. I´ll tell you more about it in a letter. Then we saw R (J´s uncle) we taught them and then as we asked for references, he said that his sister lives down the road - then invited us to go with him to meet her. We went and she seems really nice. E was dying at this point because she had been with us the entire day!! 
Thursday was my half-way mark!! we ate with the R family and it was super yummy - and filling. We went to the church to practice with F (8 year old member) the song for her baptism this weekend. That night we ate with E and M and J! 
Friday I started eating healthy. We got a text from F saying that he was thinking about us and that he was home. We ran over before district meeting to see how everything was. He was good... nothing special. We had our district meeting then we went to a pueblo to eat with A. E came with us but she had to be back really early.. .it was a disaster. We had to hurry and run everywhere - we didn´t get back in time, but everything was alright. Amadeu fed us pasta with mashed potatoes with chocolate. It was a random mix.. but it was good. We got home... and I threw up. I did not feel good. I felt a little better after, so we went and worked. We saw A, S - and F. F was better - we talked about the Book of Mormon. He really just needs to be willing to follow the commandmants and he´s ready to go. We came home because I didn´t feel too great.
Saturday we played a little soccer with E. Then it was F´s baptism.
We gave the message at it and we showed a video that was really cool. It´s called ´´We´re still a family´´. It turned out great. Then we went to two other baptisms. J A (the SHE´s investigator) who said he would get baptized after he finished the Book of Mormon and he finished it Saturday morning. Then D (the zl´s investigator) who came to church in our ward by herself. She is adorable! I love her lots.
Sunday we went to church with R and D another investigator came too. We taught him and his wife later that day. It was a super long lesson /: then we saw a few other people. 
Today we are going to the castle. It should be fun!
This week is the week of consecration. I know there are going to be miracles if we are obedient and trying our hardest to submit ourselves to the will of God.
Love you!!
Love
Hermana Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment