Thursday, July 3, 2014

Happy Mother's Day... here in Spain at Least! (May 2, 2014)

Happy Mother´s Day... here in Spain at least!
This week was good, not the best - but we saw miracles happen.
Monday we went to the castle like I said. It was a lot of fun. We went up a different way that was beautiful.
Then in the afternoon, we went to see Samír. We had a member with us and one of the Elders. The lesson went great, and Samír wanted to change his baptism to Friday instead of Saturday. That was more than fine with us. After him, we saw Alicia and Andreia. Andreia, (the less-active member that when I first got here was pretty INACTIVE) went to the temple this last weekend!! What a change I have seen in her. She absolutely LOVED the temple. She wouldn´t stop talking about it. Then we went to noche de hogar and had yummy Columbian food as always!
Tuesday was a great morning! We got to see Fredy and teach him a little more about baptism. He´s progressing, but very VERY slowly. It´s a bummer, because it´s kind of the same thing that happened with Girlania. We fasted with him to find work, and within days he found two jobs. Now he is busier than ever, and doesn´t really want to do anything else. Hopefully he´ll understand the importance and the blessings he has received for being obedient. After, we were able to see two other investigators and this was just in the morning! At medio-dia, we went to go stay with Hna. Johnson in the bus station. Oh how I love that girl. We sat and talked and it felt like we were back on our bus rides out to Valverde. She will probably be transfered from Alicante too - maybe we´ll be in the same zone! (: After that, we saw Jose Luis. He is a homeless man, but he came when we had planned to see him so that was good. He doesn´t really have any interest in being baptized, and he wouldn´t take the book of mormon because he doesn´t have anywhere to put it. Bummer. Then we taught english class and learned a song! 
Wednesday was a rough morning, we didn´t see anyone. Medio dia we went and stayed again with Hna. Johnson. In the afternoon, we were able to see Milton. He took us to a restaurant and bought us tortilla de patata, ensalada rusa and ice cream!! So yummy, but we had already eaten lunch. we were SO full. Then we had a meeting with the missionaries and bishop. We talked about how to improve the missionary work here in Alicante. It was a good meeting, but then our mission leader told us that he had seen Samír smoking and drinking. ): not good. Then we were able to see Estefanía and Roberto. Estefanía stole my agenda and was running away with it.. I chased her and she ran into a parked car. She was okay, it was just really funny. She did end up breaking her phone though.
Thursday after weekly planning, Samír called us and told us he didn´t want to be baptized. He didn´t want to be part of this church. I was sad. I´ve never felt that type of sadness before. It was awful. That day was tough, we had to break our diet a little bit and get a pad de bono. That afternoon we saw Bernarda, she had forgotten that we were coming by, so we only stayed a minute. Then we taught.. well (hna. read taught) our FIRST FRENCH  class!! It´s awesome! I´ve learned a little french now. It´s really cool. We had 3 people there so that wasn´t bad for the first class. Then we taught Roberto again. This lesson was really good. We got through an entire lesson and usually that doesn´t happen with him. As we were walking home, I asked Estefania if she is going to get baptized next weekend. She said, yes. What a miracle. When we got home that night, there was a note on our door and a bag of napolitanas and a croissant. It was from Hna. Nielsen and Johnson. They knew what had happened. They are just the sweetest people ever. I love them so much. It made coping with what happened with Samír easier. 
Friday we had district meeting, then had a great evening. We saw Marcos, Mªdel Rocio, Estefanía, Rosa and Diana. It was a good night. The lesson with Rosa was great. It was very spiritual and Hna. Read did such a great job. Then in the lesson with Estefanía we asked her about the baptism. She said she wasn´t sure if she wanted to.She had doubts she says. We´ll see!! We are planning for her to get baptized this saturday!!
Saturday we had two lessons in the morning and then two in the afternoon.
Sunday was mother´s day here. Luckily I haven´t been feeling too homesick! That makes me pretty happy! We ate with Alicia and Rosa and they fed us SO much food. I was stuffed. Especially after fasting, it was a TON. Estefanía came to church with us!! WHOOO... that was her second time so if she is prepared she can be baptized this weekend!! That evening we saw this woman named Loli. Wow she is just crazy! I can´t believe it. She is about 45 and married an 85 year old man, but now he is dead. She told us boys are not good. And not to have any chicos.. only chicas! She told us not to get married until we ´´know´´. She is nuts. 
This week was tough. With the whole Samir thing. But I love being a missionary. The sadness that I felt only helped me realize and know more how our Heavenly Father feels about His children.  This is probably my last week in Alicante. I am sad, but I´m also really happy with the work that has happened here. I love my investigators, I love my companion, the ward members and the other missionaries and most of all... I love my Savior. He lives and I loves me.

Love, Hermana Sara Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment