Friday, July 4, 2014

Summer in Spain and Sweaty Besos

I thought that was a pretty good title for this week. It has been a SCOURCHER. It´s so hot, and I´ve just been sweating up a storm. This week was really great. It started on Monday with concilio.
We went to Fuengirola and it started out a little awkward. There were just so many elders, and I´m getting to be a little awkward sister missionary that doesn´t know how to speak with boys... even though they´re elders. It´s weird. We got to President´s house and we saw and hugged everyone.
Hna. Johnson told me all about Huelva and how everyone misses me. I hope she was telling the truth, that made me really happy. Then we ate baked potatoes and beans they were good. Then we sat through a bunch of talks. The A.P.s did a talk about referrals then Hna. Deere gave a super good talk about living water. That is the one we had to take really good notes on because we had to give it in the zone meeting on Friday. Then Pres. Deere gave a talk. I loved it. That is the best part of being a leader in the mission, you get so much out of the talks, because you get to hear them right from Pres and hna deere. After the talks, hna. cameron, johnson, grant and I went and layed on the hammock and talked. Then we went in and got ready for bed. As we were all kneeled down for bed, Hna. Cameron loudly asked, ´´Hna. Nielsen, do you have a boyfriend?´´ she turned around and saw that everyone was kneeling down. After the prayers we all laughed and then went to bed.
Tuesday morning was the council part. We all stood up and told our numbers one companionship at a time. It was weird, but it went well.. Next concilio is going to be great. They asked us in front of everyone how many futures we got last week and we told them 38. It was a little awkward. After that we all went to the office and got letters and stuff for all the zone, then we got on the train to go back to Málaga. Hna. Johnson and I had a great talk. I just love that girl. She´s my favorite!! When we got back, we ate at taco bell and then went to work. We taught 4 lessons that night, but only got 3 futures. We didn´t do too well.
Wednesday we went to Belen´s who lives quite far away, but just in 3 hours we got 11 futures. Then we taught a few that night and got 7 more. 18 in one day!!! That night, we went to teach Alicia (a less active) and we asked who she thought taht she could share the message with. She said a name and then got a phone call. It was that lady. She was there. She came up to the house and we started talking about the gospel. She was not really wanting to change at all!!! It was bad. She pretty much just yelled and didn´t let us talk at all. Bummer. 
Thursday we had weekly planning and then we taught a few lessons. We got 11 futures that day. It was a really muggy-rainy day. We were walking to a bus and we saw a lady carrying water and lots of groceries. We asked to help and she said no.. then she asked what church we are from. We told her and she said she would like to come. She was a cute older lady. Then we went and taught Gilbert and Jhannet. It was a good lesson. They promised to come to church. 
Friday - last night I didn´t sleep much. I was a little sick and couldn´t sleep or breathe. I have a cold and I was SO hot. Friday Hna. Grant and I had to give a talk at zone meeting. Before the talks, they announced the winner of the ´´contact-off´´

WE WON!!! It was great. We gave it on Hna. Deere´s talk, it went well I think. I was a little nervous, but not too bad. Then we did intercambios. I went with Hna. Andrus (she has about 6 months in the mission) and Hna. Guymon (almost dead) came to our area with Grant. It went well.. I felt bad that I was so congested, (side note.. when people say they are constipado, it means that they are congested, not constipated) Hermana Andrus is cute, we took a picture but I´m going to have to send it next week.
Saturday I only taught 1 lesson all day. We got failed on a lot, but after we got failed on, we went and talked to a whole gang of black men sitting on benches. It was not much success, just one future but it was better than nothing. 
Sunday was probably one of the most stressful days ever. We had commited so many people to coming to church. But no one ended up showing up at the first. We left right before relief society ended and picked up Blanca. She is probably one of the cutest people ever. I love her... probably because she is columbian. She is so prepared. She came to principles of the gospel and participated more than anyone else. Her answers were good too. Then we called Gilbert and Jhannet and they said they were on the way, but after the sacrament was over they still weren´t there. Then they showed up and they brought the grandma too. We ended up having 5 investigators in church and hitting standards again!!!! whoooo. Super awesome! Then we went and contacted a referral and she is awesome. She´s from Cuba but her mom and sister live in USA and are members. Her mom told her to look for the church here and so when we found her she said she has been looking. We taught her and she said that she wants to come to church and all the activities. 
Today was pretty fun too!! we rode bikes and ate with all the elders. 

I am loving every second of my mission. We are seeing so many miracles and tender mercies of the Lord. I´m so blessed to be serving here in Spain. It is the best mission in the world!!!
I love you all!!
Love,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment