Thursday, July 3, 2014

WHAT A WEEK (May 12, 2014) Sister Training Leader???

What a week!! Holines, I can´t even believe all the incredible miracles that happened this last week!
I Love the Kids!!

Monday we cleaned all day. It was not my favorite p-day, but it had to be done. After doing all of that, we went to see Fredy and Erika. It was good, we taught about temples. It was good, and Fredy wanted to fast again for something specific. We set a date and decided to fast with him. Then we went to see Estefanía. She was doing well, getting all ready for her baptism! Then we taught the family home evening at the Ramirez´. We watched a video about the Plan of Salvation. About a boy who lost two of his siblings and his mom. It brought the tears and the spirit was really strong. 
Tuesday We had an awesome day! We went and followed up on a future, Maricarmen. She is great. Really interested. Then we went and taught our french woman. I didn´t do much. I can understand pretty much everything she says, I just can´t respond. Luckily my comp is awesome and speaks french! That afternoon we saw Estefanía and she was good. We asked her to come to church, and she said yes and that we had to ask her father for permission. We did and he was fine with it. I´m glad she wanted to come! Then we went to the church and met with a future investigator named Beatriz. She is just super cute. She has a lot of faith and will be a fantastic investigator. Then we taught english class and then went to see another future named Renaldo. That lesson was just weird. He just was asking all of these questions and then wouldn´t really listen to what we had to say. We were in a park and when we left he went the opposite way. But when we got to our house, he was walking behind us. It was pretty scary. But I think he might just live up somewhere around there. We tried not to think about it too much. 
Wednesday we saw Fredy before we started Fasting. We prayed and prayed last night to see what we should teach him. I told you a little bit, but we both felt like Sabbath Day would be good. We taught him a short and POWERFUL lesson. We commited him to come to church. Then we went and ate with Mªdel Rocio. She made us Cuban Rice. It´s just rice, with fried eggs on top with tomato sauce. It was pretty good. Then we started our fast. That evening we were FINALLY able to see Javier. He has been failing on us a lot and not really coming to church. I just want him to stay active, but he´s a little spacy. We got to help him remember a lot of things. We also saw Alicia and her mom, and then we saw Diana. We taught her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, but she had tons of questions and misunderstandings. 
Matching Girls
Thursday was probably the day of most miracles. We only worked half the day because of weekly planning and we ended up teaching 8 lessons. It was incredible. We saw Fredy and ended the fast with him. It was really cool to start and end with him. Then we ate with the Ramirez - That afternoon we saw Estefanía and she said she doesn´t want to be baptized right now because she is really stressed out with her studies, and tests. It was really sad, I actually started to cry. Then we taught David and his family. We were teaching an ENTIRE family. The mom, dad, and 4 kids were all there listening. It was good, even though the dad had LOTS of questions. After, we went to teach french class. I am learning quite a bit. I should have said a few things on the webcam. Then we went to our correlation and then saw Javier´s aunt. Javier came with us. We had a great lesson and invited her to be baptized. She said she wasn´t ready yet. We are having a hard time having people accept the baptismal invitation. After that lesson, we left and started walking home. We decided to stop and talk to this guy. He was from Nigeria and he spoke english. He was very interested and we ended up teaching him a lesson. It has been a long time since I´ve taught in english. It was fun though. He is great. His name is Anthony. 
Friday we had a zone conference. The SHE´s and the Zone Leaders talked about some really great things that President would like us to do. It was a great meeting. President would like us to start teaching lesson 5 before baptism instead of after. It will make a big difference and I think it will help. Speaking of that... (are you guys studying preach my gospel)? After the meeting we ate at dominoes. Then we came home and began studying. We got a call from President Deere and he talked to me first. He told me I would be going to Málaga. He told me my companion would be Hna. Grant and I knew she was a SHE. Then he said ´´you´re going to be a sister training leader.´´ I got a little nervous and asked him if he was sure about that. He comforted me telling me that he was very very confident with his decision.  That afternoon we saw Estefanía and she was alright. Then we went and saw Maricarmen again and our mission leader came with us. IT was good... the spirit was strong. Then she changed the subject and it left. ): Sad. Then we ate with Juan Carlos. I got so sick that night, and I was super stressed. I did not end up sleeping. It was a rough night. Saturday morning, no one was home. We walked quite a bit and tried to find futures. Then taht afternoon, we called this future Jaime and he wanted to meet with the missionaries. We talked to him and he has already read to Enos and has a MILLION questions about the Book of Mormon. We saw Alicia and I told her I was going. She was super cute, and a little sad. I just love her so much. Then we saw Estefanía and she was way sad. Her dad had left and she was just done doing everything. We talked to her and began to make her laugh. We had a good conversation and left her happy. So I was happy about that.
Sunday was Mother´s Day and I gave a talk in church. Fredy and Jaime and JAVIER came to church. It was great to see them there. We got to eat with Lucena and Mediodia and then we saw Diana before we skyped. It was a great spiritual lesson, but she wasn´t ready to accept baptism either. 
Still building blanket forts--even in the mission field!!
I loved skyping with you. It made me so happy and I loved and cherished every second of it. Thank you for being such an amazing example of obedience for me mom. It would have been a lot easier to stay on if you would have encouraged me to. SO thank you for respecting the mission rules and helping me stay obedient. I love you so much mom. You really are my role-model and best friend. I care about you so much and love you.
Have a great week!! Next time I talk to you, I´ll be in Málaga! (: SO exciting!
Love,
Hermana Sara Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment