Monday, July 7, 2014

Hot Days in Malaga!

What a week!!! Happy Fourth of July!!
This week has been super super long! It´s been good, just long!
My first TRIO and I love it!  We decided we are a 'SHEO'.

Monday all the SHEs and Zone Leaders came into Málaga and we tried to go bowling, but apparently the alley went out of business. It was sad, but we all just hung out at the train station/mall thing. It was fun! Hna. Johnson was there and Hna. Read too!! We talked for awhile and ate there. Then we all got on the train and went to Fuengirola. Concilio was different this week. We went to the chapel in Fuengirola and had our meeting there. We had good food. We had bbq sandwiches. Then we had the meeting, and another different thing about this time was that other missionaries talked and taught.
There were three companionships that had to give talks and we were one of them. We had to talk about nightly planning. It went pretty well. It was a good concilio. After, we had dessert and were able to go back to President´s house.
We had such a fun time with all of the hermanas. I did the haka and taught them the game ´pukana´ they loved it! Then we all danced some hula and flamenco! It was a blast. Then we sang to Hna. Johnson because it was her birthday on Tuesday.

Tuesday morning we ran in where all the hnas were sleeping and woke hna. Johnson up and sang to her. Then I gave her the letter I wrote to her, and she LOVED the pictures. Thank you so much for doing that!! (: She wouldn´t stop looking at them! I went upstairs with her and we talked as she ironed her shirt. I really am so lucky I´ve been with her for most of my mission! (: She is my best friend and I think she is a big reason why I don´t get home sick (or more like mom-sick) because she´s like my mom out here and she´s always around.
It´s nice, I just don´t know what I´m gonna do when she goes home! After reminiscing about our good times in Huelva, we got ready for the day and had concilio. We all gave our numbers and we were the last hermanas to give them. We were able to say that we had 2 baptisms and got standards 5 out of 5 times. It was pretty cool. After concilio, we went to the train station and ate and then Hna. Johnson left. We had a few lessons. We taught Elias and it was super cute. He is 8 and we were teaching the 10 commandments and he remembered all of them. Then we taught Milagros and Mari and Milagros is so excited to go to the temple! I just love them!

Wednesday was a good day, we had a lot of lessons, and none of them really failed us. That night, we went and visited Alicia and her family. Her son is a little monster. We broke the ice a little with him and played ninja. He loved it. Cheated a little, but loved it. 

Thursday we had intercambios and Hna. Guerrero went to Granada because her mom is there. Hna. Clark came here with us.
It worked out pretty well because it was the fourth and we were all Americans.
We celebrated in every way we could! We sang every song we could think of and took lots of pictures, and we planned a party for all the missionaries during medio dia! It was fun! You saw the pictures. A lot of our plans failed with Hna. Clark, but it was still okay.

Friday was the Fourth of July and on Thursday night I had a dream and I saw all of you at the parade. I woke up really sad, but it was all okay! It was a really fun day!
I´m glad I wasn´t homesick, and I think we made it fun so no one else was either. 
Our American Food-pancakes!

What's more American than hamburgers!!
Saturday was such a great day!!! (: Elenir called us and said that we needed to come eat at her house. We had to catch the train, so before that we were about to knock a door and a bomb of bird poop hit Hna. Grant and Guerrero. It was disgusting. It was EVERYWHERE on them. I felt bad, I tried to help them clean it up, but I started dry heaving. Then we had to go home and hurry and clean up. It was disgusting, poor girls. Then we went to Elenir´s and ate super yummy bbq. The bishop´s family was there again. The bishop and his wife like me a lot because I´m a good eater. Haha the bishop´s wife acts like she doesn't like the others, but she just comes up to me and kisses and hugs me. Haha and says that she loves me because I´m a good eater!! (: I like her. 

Sunday was a rough day. We didn´t have three in the church ): but after church the American family finally invited us to eat. It was SO fun. I have not had that my entire mission. It was crazy being with Americans. I loved it so much. We had yummy taco salads. They are actually from Mexico but have lived in US all their lives.

Monday we played sports with the elders. We played basketball and soccer. It was a lot of fun! I love playing with Hna. Guerrero because she likes sports! It´s fun!
Rocking my fanny pack!!  I can't use my shoulder bag because
it's been hurting my shoulders!!
It´s been a great week! Long, but great! I love the mission. Best decision I´ve ever made. I´m super happy. Very, very happy. I´m going to keep working until the very end, no matter how tired I am or no matter what happens! It´s my goal and I¨m going to do it!!
I love you so much!!!

Love,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment