Friday, July 4, 2014

June 16, 2014-What a crazy week!!

What a crazy week!! Like every other one, but this week especially went by pretty fast. So last week I told you about a woman named Milagros. She is amazing. I love her so much already. We gave her the Book of Mormon on Sunday when we met her, and we asked her to start reading it, we went back Monday evening and she had everything marked and had read all the introduction and first chapter of Nephi. She marked all of the pictures in the front and what was happening in each of them. It was super cute. She said she is understanding it ´´poco a poco´´. She is adorable, and really is interested in the church. 
Tuesday we had district meeting and then Hna. Grant left to Granada and Hna. Ashby came and was here with me. It was my first time staying in my area alone, but it went great. Hna. Ashby is in Hna. Read´s group and she is doing a great job. We saw Jenni and it was a super awkward lesson. She is our 11 year old investigator that really wants to be baptized, but her less-active parents won´t let her. But she doesn´t really talk alot, so the lessons are super weird and short. Then we saw Maria Luisa and taught her about the Holy Ghost. We started reading in the Book of Mormon and she started to fall asleep super fast. The rest of the night people kept failing us, so we contacted a lot. We ended up getting 13 futures - which was pretty good. The next morning, we had correlation and then Hna. Ashby left and I went with the other Málaga hnas until Hna. Grant got back. I guess when Hna. Ashby went back to Granada they asked how it went and she said, ´´we got a lot of futures, but that´s just because Málaga is just a golden place.´´ Haha... well I guess you could say that? When Hna. Grant got back, we taught Antonio and Milagros. We taught Milagros a little bit of the Plan of Salvation. When we got to the atonement, we invited her to be baptized. She said yes and she has a baptismal date for the 28th of June. She also told us that she wants her daughter to be baptized too!! After that, her daughter walked with us to english class. She is 15 and the prettiest girl ever. She is super tall, and wants to be a model. We also had to teach a GIANT noche de hogar that night at the church. A ton of members were there because an old missionary was visiting. It went really well. We taught about enduring to the end, and people really seemed to enjoy it. Then we went over to Angelica´s after. She is a less-active from Paraguay. She pulled out her phone and started giving us phone numbers for everyone she knows. It was great, and we actually had to stop her because it was getting late.
Thursday was Hna. Grant´s year mark. While she was gone on intercambios, I decorated the piso and had the other hnas make cookies, (since we don´t have an oven) Haha she liked it. It went well. Then we had our interview with President. It was interesting. I went in and it was going great. I brought up the question about being able to extend my mission - I was just seeing if it were an option. He pulled out a scripture to Alma 29 where it talks about. ´´Oh that I were an angel... ´´ then in vs. 3 it says, more or less, ´´but I am a man, and I should be content with the things the Lord hath allotted me´´ Then we left it at that. I was really troubled with the way it ended, so that next day, I went and read the rest of that chapter and something was there that I really needed to read. vs. 9 says something about being an instrument in His hands to bring SOME soul unto repentance. This helped me remember why I am here on a mission. After the interview, we went and saw Houssain. He has been wanting to come to church forever.. but he could never find it. We offered to walk with him. We did and showed him the church. Then, we went to see Gilbert and Jhannet. During the lesson, Gilbert says, ´´we are going to be so sad when you guys leave, we are going to miss you so much´´ we told him not to worry. We will stay here for awhile. They are so cute. We left in time to get home. But the bus didn´t come. Gilbert ran out, got in his car and yelled for us to get in. We had to hurry and explain that we couldn´t get in with just him. It was awkward. Then the bus came. They are the sweetest family ever.
Loli, this woman is my hero!!

Friday we met with a few of our muslim friends. They said the same argument about 20 times. It was getting a little annoying. At medio dia, we switched with Hna. Morris and Samuelson. Hna. Morris came with me. It went fine! I thought it was going to be worse after the first lesson we had when she whispered to me, ´´we´re leaving´´. I thought I´d be in for a long day. But it turned out fine. We taught Houssain and the spirit was really strong. We extended a fecha with him. He accepted. Also, we taught Milagros´ daughter, Mari. She accepted a fecha too!! They will be baptized on the 28th. It was a good day!
Saturday we went and saw Gilbert and Jhannet and talked about the sabbath day. It was good. They just kept asking about Hna. grant and where she was. Then we met back together and Hna. Grant and I worked that night. We had a lesson with Hakim. He needs to quit coffee. We´re going to call him every night this week and he said he´ll get baptized this Sunday. I hope so! 
Sunday, Milagros and Mari came to church. Also Houssain came, but he couldn´t find where to enter. Poor guy. These last three weeks have been incredible. It´s been so awesome to get standards 3 weeks in a row. We´ve been working a lot.
I´m exhausted, but I love it!!! 
It´s so fun being a missionary. 
I love you.
Love,
Hermana Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment