Friday, July 4, 2014

JUNE 2, 2014


It looks like you had a great time in Texas!! The kids look so big! I can´t believe how different Jovie and Aria look. They are so adorable!
This week was good, today we go to concilio, which is all the leaders in the mission. (SHEs and Zone Leaders) We go to the mission home, so I get to see Hna. Johnson and Nielsen. Hna. Johnson called this morning and asked if we wanted to go with her and her comp, but I haven´t heard anything from them. Can you believe she got to go back to Huelva. I am so jealous, I got really sad when she was telling me about it. I would be so happy if I could go back and see them. One Day. 
This week flew by! It was a good one. Like I said, we went to the Cathedral. It was super pretty. The elders asked the people if we could get in for free because we are messengers of God, they let us in. I´m glad we didn´t have to pay, it was cool - but I probably would have been disappointed if I paid. We made cookies and brought them to a few of the members around the ward. It was a great idea, now they are all inviting us over more. That was one of the purposes, so that they can get to know us. 
Tuesday we had district meeting and they announced a competition that would be happening in our zone. It was a ´´contact-off´´. This week would be every companionship against the district, then the 4 winners will compete against each other next week. The one with the most futures (which means you need information of someone and their name) We were nervous because we would be doing intercambios all week, so we really wouldn´t be together much. It´s alright though, after district meeting - we met Hna. Parrilla and Hna. Bangerter and I went with Hna. Bangerter. I don´t know her very well, but it was a good intercambio. I was a little nervous, but it went well. We just kind of got to know each other, then all of the sudden - she told me a bunch of stuff that was going on. Hna. Grant says that´s what usually happens. Poor girl, Hna. Bangerter woke up Wednesday morning with a high fever. We stayed in, then went to meet up with the hermanas again. 
Wednesday we ate at our neighbors house, then had a few lessons and that night we ate with the Bishop´s family. They are so nice. They have 4 kids, 3 boys, (one just got home from his mission) and 1 girl. They´re funny and I love them already. At the end of Wednesday we only had 3 futures. We weren´t sure if we would win.
Thursday we had weekly planning and then headed to the bus station. I had to leave to go to Almería for another intercambio. The bus ride was 3 hours. I had a good nap (: When I got there, we went to teach a girl english. This man was there and he said to me, ´´you make me think. How long will you be here?´´ I told him only for the day, and he asked if we could come back tomorrow. He had not listened to missionaries in YEARS. We told he yeah. That night we also taught quite a few lessons and found 3 new investigators. They were having a hard time in their area.. I hope I could help a little bit. 
Friday we went back to see Robert. He told us a few stories then we taught about the gospel of Jesus Christ. He told us there was something different about us. We had a special light, then we invited him to be baptized. He said yes! He also asked if he could call me and tell me how everything is going. I felt bad that I had to say no. ): I hope I can get permission to write him a letter. He is a good guy. He just said that I was something special. Then I ate with the Patriarch. We had lentils. They were good, then I got back on the bus back to Málaga. By the end of the day on Friday, we had 27 futures!! I usually get about 10 and the most is probably about 16. We also saw Jhannet and Gilbert and set a baptismal date for them!! It was a good day. 
Saturday we were going to go to a pueblo called Ronda. I heard it is BEAUTIFUL. You should look it up on google or something. But the bus was 3 hours, and it was a little expensive. We hope we can get someone to take us. That night, we found a bunch of people and by the end of the day we had 36 futures!! 
Sunday was a great day. We had 3 investigators in church so we ended up getting STANDARDS!! whoooo... It was really cool. We ended the week with 38 futures!! We got more than anyone else in the zone. And now this week we need to beat them again!! (:
I´m still super competative! It´s a problem. (:
We had a cool miracle this week. We went the wrong way and then when we went back, we saw a woman sitting on a bench. We stopped and talked to her and she started giving us her information before we even asked if we could meet with her one day. Things were great, then before we left - she started crying and telling us that she needs to ´´ask a lot in the church´´. We sat down and she told us a few things about what was happening in her life. She told us that her husband has fallen in love with a different woman. I feel as though we were led to her by the spirit and we didnt´even know it. She said she is going to come to church this sunday and also every other activity we talked about. She is awesome and I love her so much. Her name is Blanca.
It´s been a great week. And we get to go to the mission home today!! whooo... I¨m excited to see everyone. Elder Rojas, Skousen, Powell, Bastian, Farrell, and Metcalf. and Hna. Nielsen and Johnson!! Whoo... so fun!!
I love being a missionary. I´m so glad I can help people and now with this new calling, I get to help other people in other places and other missionaries!! It´s the greatest!
Love,
Hna. Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment