Friday, July 4, 2014

I LOVE THIS WORK! June 23, 2014

Our Trip to Ronda-It's beautiful!
This week has been amazing and the Lord is blessing us so much. Sometimes I feel like I don´t deserve it, but He just keeps blessing us with more and more people to teach and bring to Him.
Last Monday, we proselited all day - and we taught a homeless man named Antonio. We see him all the time, he looks like the actor on the tv show, ´´Once Upon a Time´´ and everytime I see him, I want to take a picture with him to show you. Maybe I will. He took the Book of Mormon, we´ll see if he reads it. Then we saw Milagros. We were super worried about this lesson that we were going to have with her. It was about the word of wisdom and we thought we both smelled smoke on her - when we went to teach her we asked her if she would struggle with any of the five things. She told us sometimes she drinks coffee, but now that she knows she isn´t supposed to, she said she will quit drinking it. What a cool experience. We fasted for help to know how to teach this lesson and how we could help her quit her ´bad habits´ but Heavenly Father blessed us and blessed Milagros too - to be able to want to quit that fast. Such a great thing, fasting. We also saw a less active named Milagros. She is super great, the only reason she isn´t rescued is because they don´t have her church records here. They are working on it though, then she is going to the temple! (: We also saw a less active named Magali. She is 21 and was pretty inactive for a while. She said she was with the wrong type of people, but she has been coming back to church and reading and praying every night. What a cool thing to see!
Tuesday we had district meeting with the other district. It was fun, then we ate with Milagros before intercambios. We had chicken pot pie, kind of. She said she wanted to make something for us to remind us of home!! Then we went on intercambios. I stayed in the area with Hna. Robayo! It was super fun. She only speaks spanish, but it was super fun! We taught Jenni then we taught Houssain. He was really sad, and he asked to talk to just me. but we said we couldn´t do that. He was worried about his family. Then we taught Milagros about a lot of stuff, and she just accepted everything. Then we taught Gilbert about the gospel of Jesus Christ. It went well, I hope!! 
Wednesday we found a few new investigators so that was nice! After the intercambio, we had to run to the bus station and take a bus to Almería (which is 3 1-2 hours away) we went to help the hermanas out for a few hours. We did splits with them. It was fun. I got to be with Hna. Becerra. I love her too!!!! She is Ecuadorian and I just love her. She said she wants to be my companion one day! That would be fun. I think she´s a sweetheart. We went and taught Robert. I think I told you about him. He´s the one that said he felt something really strong when I taught him. I went back and he just did the same thing. Then he said he was praying so I would get called to serve in Almería. Haha he is a dork. I just want him to be baptized. That night, Hna. Grant and I slept out in the living room: i slept on a couch and she slept on a matress. It was great. Then we got on the bus the next morning and came back to Málaga. Robert texted the hnas to see if he could say goodbye to me at the bus station. Awkward. He didn´t come. That evening, we found a new investigator Raquel. It was a good lesson, we were a little late to our next lesson but it was good. A member Sara accompanied us all evening. It was good. A few people failed, but it was a good day. 
Friday morning President Deere suprised us with a call. I was so scared when I saw his name on my phone. He asked us what we would think if he gave us another companion. We didn´t really know what to think. He didn´t tell us who it would be, but he said it´s a thought that he has. After, I took a bus to Fuengirola for intercambios. I was with Hna. Herrera. I had a lot of Spanish practice this week. I was with 3 natives, but I just love every one of them. It was a rough day, we walked a lot and didn´t have much work. Hna. Herrera was getting a little bit down, but it was alright. That happens. That night, before I got on the train, Pres. Deere called and said that Hna. Guerrero was going to be our new companion. I was really excited. She is amazing! 
Saturday we played volleyball with the zone. Man, it has been so long since I´ve played sports. It was such a fun day. Our team dominated! such a fun time! That night, we saw Alicia and found out the needs of their family. It was a good lesson.
Sunday was amazing. What miracles. We were waiting for Milagros and Mari to come to church, because if not - they couldn´t be baptized next saturday. We waited and they came into view and I just got so happy. As we were sitting in sacrament, we still needed one more person before we made standards, but I wasn´t worried. The Holy Ghost just helped me feel super calm and happy. Milagros baptism was announced during church and she jsut got so excited. She and Mari are really excited for their baptisms next saturday. It is going to be super special and exciting. After sacrament, the elders came up to us and told us that we had a new investigator there. We made our standards again, for the 4th week in a row. We have been very very blessed and I am so grateful for the miracles that we are seeing. I know I´m not doing anything, it´s the Lord working through me. I´m putting all I have into this work - and I want to continue to do that for the rest of my mission. As we were walking home, we started talking to everyone, and we ended up finding 2 new investigators. Just what we needed!! I was super happy. 

Well.. It´s been an incredible transfer. I don´t think I´ve ever worked this hard in my life. It´s a lot of fun to see the miracles happen. I love this work. It´s incredible what can happen when you put your trust and every bit of faith into doing what the Lord wants.

Love,
Hna. Sara Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment