Thursday, July 3, 2014

Hello from MÁLAGA SPAIN!! (May 19, 2014)

Hello from MÁLAGA SPAIN!!
I´m finally serving here and I am so so excited!! I feel like transfer half-weeks are always super long. It´s been long for me, but I have loved it! 
Monday we ended up playing basketball and soccer!! I also bought some sandals and a backpack because I didn´t have one for intercambios. Then we went to see Alicia. She wrote in my journal and she is just the sweetest thing. Then we saw Samír!! I was so happy. He called sunday night and asked if he could see us before I left. So sweet. He wrote like one sentence in my journal, but it pretty much sums him up. He´s the best! Then we had noche de hogar and Javier came so he was able to sign my journal too!! I was really happy. I wrote on a back of a picture of him and me and he said, ´´oh I can´t read this right now, I´ll cry.´´ It was sweet. It was hard saying goodbye to him.. especially since hugs aren´t allowed. 
Goodbyes are hard!
Tuesday was a hard day for me. We went and said goodbye to Olga and her family. That was fine, because I´m not really close to them. But I definetely kissed her on accident.. besos they are dangerous. Then we ate with Fredy and Erika. It was a good eating cita, but when I had to say goodbye it was really hard. I didn´t get to say goodbye to the kids - as I started walking down their stairs for the last time I started to cry. ): It was tough. Erika told me before I left that we better be staying with them when we visit. She has a room ready for us. (: After medio-dia, we went to see Andreia and say goodbye. She was really grateful and made me feel so loved. I love her. Then we walked over to Alicia´s one more time. I gave her a hug and just started crying. I don´t know what came over me, I just got really sad. Then we went to Noche de Hogar and English - then I told everyone I had to leave noche de hogar because I had to see Estefanía. We went and luckily I saw her before I had to go. She cried, and it was sad to leave her. But I am so happy we got to say goodbye. 
Wednesday morning, I woke up and finished packing. As we left for the bus station, it started to rain. We tried to catch the bus and it pulled away as we were running after it. But it stopped at a red light, then I went and tapped on the door. (I think it helped that I had 3 fat suitcases and it was pouring rain and I had a little bit of a sad look on my face) He opened the door! It was super nice of him. We got to the bus station and Hna. Johnson ended up being on my same bus for about an hour. It was nice to be together again - I love that girl. Then we said goodbye and I was on my way to Málaga. I slept most of the way, it acutally went by super fast. We got here and there were a lot of missionaries greeting us. It was fun. The AP´s came and picked us up and took us to our piso. They also brought my suitcases up the stairs because we don´t have an elevator. Thank goodness! Then Hna. grant told me a little about our hermanas that we need to take care of. Wow.. it might be a little bit of some hard work. Lots of drama. Then we went to correlation, english class and noche de hogar. It was alright, there weren´t lots in Noche de hogar. But it was still fun.
My new companion, Hermana Grant!
Thursday we had weekly planning, and it took FOREVER. Which is kind of weird, because there isn´t a lot of work here. It just took a long time. After weekly planning, we saw an investigator named Jennifer. She is cute. She´s 11 and one of her parents is less-active but won´t let her get baptized. ): That evening we walked the whole time and didn´t see anyone until 9 that night. We stopped and met a less-active. Her name is Alicia and she is super nice. I like her a lot. 
Friday was a long day too. We saw a new investigator named Pedro. He is pretty much in love with Hna. Grant. He got pretty upset when she wouldn´t give him besos. But he was interested and listened a little too. Then we ate with Alicia, and then saw a few people that afternoon. Belen  - she is a less active and she is nuts. She calls my phone about 6 times a day. We watched a movie in her lesson and she literally fell asleep. Then we saw another less- active named Lucy. She is my favorite. I love her already, she is 84 and still active. She is just super loving and loves the church. Then we saw an investigator named MªLouisa. 
Saturday morning was great. We started teaching a new family. They are really cute and really interested. I really like them and I´m super happy to teach south americans again! (: We also met a less active named lucy. Then we saw a recent convert and another less-active. That evening we taught Loli - an investigator. I really love the name loli. I think it´s super cute!
Sunday was good. I didn´t have to give a testimony or anything so that was nice. This ward was HUGE. It felt like it was an actual ward. I loved it. That night we saw quite a few people. It was a good start to the week.
Today I bought a few things- so that´s why I spent quite a lot on the card - sorry. But I did buy something for Alex - Hna. Johnson´s boyfriend. So she´ll be paying me back in like 2 weeks. Speaking of her. She gets to go to Huelva in a few weeks. Ahhh I´m super jealous. But I do get to go to Granada! So that will be fun! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment