Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I'M MOVING!!


Well... I´m down to my last few hours in Huelva. I´m really really sad to leave ): I love this place, and I love the people here in the ward! I have seen so many miracles here, but I´m happy Hermana J will be here to take care of them! I´m heading to Alicante!! It´s on the COMPLETE other side of Spain!
I leave from Huelva tomorrow afternoon, and travel to Sevilla. I´ll spend the night there, and then go again Wednesday morning at 6 to Málaga and then to Alicante. I´m going to be with Hermana P!! She came in my group... so we´re both new! She´s from the Canary Islands, so a native! I´m excited to learn Spanish quickly! I´ve talked to a few of the members here about Alicante and they said that it has the best ice cream, it´s by the sea, it has the best Christmas Candy - (turrón) - but they also say it´s a totally different language over there! So that will be interesting!

Monday - We went out to Valverde and watched the Joseph Smith movie with the family! They enjoyed it (I hope) we had to catch the bus, so we didn´t get to talk much after. On Tuesday we had district meeting and then ate DOMINOS!! It was great... except it´s probably good I´m leaving because that unlimited pizza is killing me! We taught D.. who is 88 years old! She is the sweetest lady, but she´s a seventh day adventist - and she loves her religion. We also had a lesson some less actives.  He has really turned around. He is so much nicer and wants his children to grow up in the gospel. We also had family home evening. It was good, we taught some people in English and it was really weird. I hadn´t done that in quite a long time! I don´t know how interested she is in the church, but she loves the importance of families. (I do too) (:  Wednesday we went to visit an investigator but she wasn´t there, we decided to knock a building next to hers... one of the first doors we knocked, the woman SLAMMED the door after hearing the name of our church. It was pretty sad - - I mean for her, that she doesn´t want to hear about Jesus Christ. So Thursday - I thought it was Thanksgiving, but I guess it´s this Thursday! Who knew??? We ate with RM and she made us some YUMMY food!! We had chicken, potatoes, bread, fried potato things and salad! Then we just stayed there until it was time to go to Valverde. JA and Rosa Mari took us. G doesn´t like to read, I decided I wanted to let him know that I am the same way. I told him that before my mission, I didn´t really ´´enjoy´´ reading the scriptures, but I read them because it is a commandment. I explained that since I have been on my mission, I had a stronger desire to bring myself closer to Christ, and the only way to accomplish that, is to read the scriptures - because they testify of Him. I teared up while I was explaining, but I hope he realizes that he can do this! After the lesson, we shared a little message with C (member who lives alone) and she just cracks me up!! I´ll send a picture of her and I! She´s such a cutie! Friday was the day we got the call. President Deere told me I was going to be leaving to Alicante to be with Hermana P!! I was really excited! I love that girl! He says, he knows we´re both young, but that he knows we can have great success.  That part of the mission is known for it´s baptisms - it will definitely be different than here. That morning we had a cita set, but the guy blew us off... so we went to go follow up on a future named A. We knocked on his door and no one answered - I had hoped that he hadn´t given us a fake address. As we were going down the stairs, a dog was coming up! We petted it and then a man came up the stairs and it was him!! He told us his sister lived next door so we met her and she is just the sweetest lady ever. She has 2 (granddaughters) but she raises them because their mother died when she was twenty. They are the greatest family and in my opinion - very prepared! Such a miracle.. I hope good things happen with them! Saturday was an interesting day! We got peed on by a dog... pretty gross. We visited A and her family and this time her younger granddaughter was there. She is really cute and while we were talking, they soaked up Every WORD. I haven´t really felt the spirit lead a lesson like that before. We were teaching a lesson zero - which is basically just telling them why we were there, and what they would learn. A brought up that her daughter had died and it was because of heart problems. We went into the Plan of Salvation and when we asked how she felt... she said she felt happy, and peaceful. She said the last time we came (which was the first time we met her) when we said the prayer, she felt really good - and that she thinks God sent us there for a reason. It´s a miracle to know them and I´m so excited to hear what happens with them! Sunday I bore my testimony and I was crying (no surprise really) but I think people thought I was super, super, sad to leave, which I am, but I cry whenever I bea my testimony ya know?! They were all really sweet. Sunday night we went to P and JA’s to say goodbye. The kids just made me the happiest! They were cuddling with me (don´t worry, I was keeping all the rules) well... almost. G (who is 4) gave me a BIG BESITO on the cheek. It was really funny, and I could not stop laughing!

This has been my crazy week!! Full of Miracles... like every day on the mission! I am so grateful I was able to spend my first 3 months in Huelva. It´s taught me to be grateful for the small things.

Mucho Amor!!!!!!
Love,
Hermana Sara Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment