Monday, November 11, 2013

ANOTHER GREAT MISSIONARY WEEK


November 11, 2013

¡Hola mi familia maravillosa!
¿Comó estáis?
I love you all so much!!

We did have a baptism planned for this Sunday, but N wanted to wait until her dad could be there. (Which is great) so we´ve pushed it for the 16th!! This Saturday! Please PLEASE continue to pray for them by name!! We´re hoping these next two lessons go well and they will be prepared! That´s really cool that Katie has her call because I just sent her a letter last week!! (: Haha funny!
Last week we were going to go see replicas of Christopher Columbus´ boats, but the guy that was going to drive us, couldn´t last week. Maybe next week! I bought two dresses from a chino for 8 euros, they are super cute! They go with everything too!!! Monday we taught C and her son N - it was so different from the other times we´ve been there.  We taught the restoration and N really liked it. He´s such a good boy - he´s 7 and so so sweet. Even though C was cleaning, I think she was still listening - that will be good for her. We also had a FHE with G and A. She made us SO MUCH FOOD!! It was so yummy! I loved it - the best part of the night, is that we didn´t have to spend money on the bus, because members saw us as they were driving and picked us up!
Tuesday, we went to Valverde. We taught tithing with candies - and G loved it! Wednesday I had a doctor´s appointment (yeah, I thought I would stop getting injured when I came on a mission too) but yeah everyone thought it would be best if I got my knee checked out before it got any worse. We got in to see a doctor and he examined it, then said we should get a MRI scan. We taught S´s family again Wednesday too - - they are just so great! She told me my Spanish was improving a LOT. She also told me I looked like someone from Little House on the Prairie. Oh and earlier that day, Hermana Johnson told me I looked like Princess Buttercup from The Princess Bride.  When we got back to Huelva, we started to get off the bus and we saw a woman who we wanted to talk to yesterday... but she was on the phone. She was quite a ways a head of us, so we creepily ran for her and started a conversation. Her name is C and I really hope that something good with happen!! Thursday we had the MRI and it was pretty funny. I don´t know much Spanish, and the doc didn´t know much English - it was interesting, but we finally were able to understand each other. The scan took about 25 minutes - so I took a nap! We had a lesson with M (her mother is less-active and she´s about 9 years old) We taught her the restoration and she participated a lot! She knew a lot about the prophets in the Bible.. she´s a cute little girl! We also visited N and C again and taught him the rest of the restoration. We told him he needed to pray every night and morning - he said ´´Hold on for a moment´´ He got his notebook and a pen and wrote (in cursive) “Orar por la noche”
            “Orar por la mañana” and then grabbed a clothespin and put it INSIDE the notebook to mark the place - Hermana J grabbed the clothespin and put it on the page to mark the right place. He is such a great boy!! Friday we went to Sevilla again for a Zone Meeting. It was really good! Elder O, who is just such a great missionary, gave the first talk. I think it sparked something in me to try harder, because this weekend I´ve had some serious change in my confidence for the language!
Saturday, N was supposed to come to sports, but his mom couldn´t bring him. A came (she is an investigator of the elders) but we helped her with her English. We started a fast for N and G. S and the kids were going to fast with us, but N got sick. The Relief Society had a sewing class and we didn´t have any citas so I couldn´t walk and proselyte. A came up to me and told me I was so cute, like a cupcake!  We played with the kids and had such a great time! We played ´´luz roja, luz verde´´ They loved it!! I just want to bring all of them home!!

Sunday was FANTASTIC!! Even though S´s kids didn´t come to church because N is sick - N (son of a less LESS active) and M (daughter of a less-active) came to church. G is the primary president and she was on cloud-nine when we brought in 3 kids for her primary!! Also - the elders had some investigators come too!! I had to teach the lesson in the investigator class! It was on prayer - and it was exactly what I NEEDED! A (a woman from ecuador) brought her friend (also from Ecuador) and I guess throughout the whole lesson, they both kept saying ´´this is exactly what I needed´´ and after the class the friend said ´´I´ve known about the church for so long, but now I´m going to follow these teachings´´ very cool!! The youth went to the temple this weekend, and they had a little fireside Sunday night. Hermana J and I were asked to come up with a musical number. We sang ´´Joseph Smith´s first Prayer´´ to the tune of ´´Come thou Fount´´ The members loved it! I hope they could feel the spirit! M A told us we were angels, and pure. She is so sweet. We also talked with Y tonight. She is doing alright, super lonely!
Well that´s it for this week!! I love you all so much. Here´s those answers to those questions!!
Are churros the same as they are here, or are they something different? The churros are a little different. Pretty much just fried batter - then you dip them in chocolate!!
Did you send your sd card this week?  We didn't get a letter yet and wondered if you sent it. I sent it last monday - I hope you get it!! I sent a letter in with it!
Have you had your primary program yet?  If so, how did it go? No not yet - it´s the first week in December I think.
I love you!! I´m so blessed to have the most amazing family in the world!!
Love,
Hermana Sara Brown

I´ll send a few pictures this week!!
We tried to get one of Elder M sleeping... but apparently, he woke up!


No comments:

Post a Comment