Monday, November 11, 2013

Hello beautiful and best family in the entire world!!!


October 28, 2013

This week has gone by quite slow I think. It´s really crazy how the time seems to pass here... like I´ve said before, the weeks seem like days - and the days seem like weeks. I was thinking back on this week and it seemed like it happened 3 or 4 weeks ago! But it´s been a pretty good week.

Last Monday was a pretty chill p-day. I actually took a nap because I was WORN out! (: Sorry to all of you that I needed to write letters to... I´ll get on that (;

Tuesday we had district meeting and afterwards we had to rush for Hermana J to catch a bus to Sevilla. We were doing inter-cambios (exchanges) and I was left by myself for a good 7 minutes (and yes.. I was freaking out) I was so surprised I would be that scared, but it was the first time I had been alone in 3 months - so it was pretty different! After what seemed like forever, a member from the ward came and got me. It was POURING rain, so it was so sweet of her to walk through that to pick me up. Her name is Y, she´s probably my new best friend! She´s from Dominican Republic, a single mother with 2 cute boys, and she knows quite a bit of English. I was hoping I would get some good Spanish practice in, but she spoke in English the whole time. I had such a good time with her.  She and I talked about our lives - and then she brought me out some tea (don´t worry, it was a kind that is okay) Then we sat by the window and watched the rain. She said, ´´This is romantic isn´t it´´ haha she is the funniest!! The whole time I was with her she wouldn´t stop thanking me for being there with her. She said that she gets lonely a lot. I was so happy I could be there with her. Later that evening I went to the bus station to pick up Hermana K... oh she is the cutest! She´s from Idaho and has super cute curly hair! I love her (: We went right to work when she got here, it was still pouring rain! None of our lessons worked out ): but we got one with our investigator, S. He accepted baptism, so we´ll see how that goes, he´s Muslim so yeah... We´ll see!

On Wednesday I had to stay with Y again! She made me lunch that time. She made this really nice HUGE fish. I can´t remember the name, I´ll have to ask again. It was really yummy though. We had another fun time, and this time I shared a little scripture with her. Then I helped her with English and she helped me with Spanish! When Hermana J came back we went to Valverde - G accepted the baptism date!! I hope both G and N will be able to do it together.

Thursday we taught a lesson to 2 less-active men. They are really nice, they just don´t come to church much. As I was saying the opening prayer, their bird was whistling a song - it´s like an army one or something. I don´t know what it´s called, but it was pretty funny. Later that night we had dinner with M A and she made us rice with mushrooms in it... I LOVED IT. I was surprised that I would like it, but it was yummy! We also stopped and talked to a man named F. We weren´t going to talk to him, but we thought we needed to. He is so ready I feel. 

Friday wasn´t very successful numbers-wise, but we are working super hard. AND S and her family came to the ward family home evening!! When I say family, I mean EVERYONE! Her husband came too (: From what we´ve heard about him, S said he wasn´t really interested in learning much, but when he introduced himself at fhe, he said that he likes what the kids are learning and maybe one day he will be baptized!! (: It´s amazing the miracles that are happening. It rained SO SO SO MUCH on Friday! I loved it.. It was finally cold! (: We went to visit F today, but we had the wrong address. We thought maybe he had given us a false address, but I was praying he would come outside or something, and I looked over and he was there. It was a little miscommunication. He said we could come by tomorrow!

Saturday we practiced a song we want to sing at N’s baptism. Savior, Redeemer of my Soul. We have it translated.. I like it better in English, but yeah it is really pretty. We got to teach F  today. You won´t believe how many siblings he has... 12!!!!! In SPAIN!?? Crazy.. He lives with his mom and sister and they both seem interested! It´s really fun (: His 11 other siblings live in Huelva - we might have a lot more investigators in the next few weeks! (: As we were on the streets today, no one was out. The big game between Madrid and Barcelona was going on. Everyone was in a bar or home - we got a few lessons in though, so that was good. On Sunday, we were waiting for S and her family to come, but she was really sick ): We were sitting in the missionary class ( where new converts, missionaries, and investigators attend) and a woman named G came in. A few weeks ago, she passed by the chapel and said, I want to come to church here. (We weren´t there, but NO ONE got her information) ): we were so happy she came. She is really interested, but during sacrament she didn´t appreciate the irreverence during the meeting ): She left in the middle of it. Oh man, I was so sad. It´s hard enough to get investigators to church, much less keep them coming. I hope she wants to give it a second chance.

I love the people of Huelva. I´m so attached to this place, I never want to leave! In my Book of Mormon study this week, I loved Mosiah 4:15. Here King Benjamin is giving his address
 - In vs. 15, I love how it teaches us to raise our children. I am so grateful for the amazing parents I have and the way I´ve been raised. I hope I can be as a parent as you are! I love you both so much. Have a great week everyone! I love you all!!
Love,  Hermana Sara Brown
                                   


No comments:

Post a Comment