Monday, November 11, 2013

Long Boring Bus Rides Make for Silly Missionaries!


November 4, 2013

Thank you so much for the pictures Mom!! Looks like it was such a fun time (: I love EVERYONE´S costumes! They are the best!! Looks like the party was a success!!
This week has been pretty great, Thursday was a little hard... I think because I knew everyone was together, but I got over it quickly. I´m going to send my S.D. card home today so I don´t have any pictures to send, but you´ll get all of them soon. I also am going to send a little description of all of them!
Monday we met a lady with Parkinson´s. She came to the door, and then told us to come in. She had a hard time walking, and almost fell every step she took. She has the SWEETEST heart, and just wants to serve everyone. Her name is E - we´re going to try to have someone bring her to church, hopefully we´ll find someone! We also saw a less-active named C... I don´t know if I´ve talked about her before, but it´s been a while since we´ve visited her! She is not doing very well... but she does want her son to grow up in the church, so we´re going to start teaching him and get him to church.

Tuesday we had to go to Sevilla... AGAIN!


 We had zone training, and it was really useful! I learned a lot, and let me just say - President Deere is AWESOME!! When we got back to Huelva it was SO COLD. We had to go back to our piso and bundle up before going back out to tract.

On Wednesday we went to have a lesson with F, (he was the one I was telling you about, who was the ´golden investigator´ with 11 siblings. Well we knocked his door and he came out and grabbed the Libro de Mormón. We figured he was ready to have the lesson, but he ended up giving it back and saying he doesn´t have time and doesn´t want anything. We were shocked, and as we left - we both teared up a tiny bit. We both figured, that he had talked to this man who is in-active and was talking badly about the church. It was so sad, he seemed so interested before. I honestly think he was... later this week, we bumped into him and asked him what changed. He didn´t really give us an answer straight up, but he seemed sadder than before. We got paella today for the first time!! I loved it! (: We also went to Valverde tonight to teach the kids. G said he had an experience as he was praying. He prayed that he would not feel sick anymore, and in the middle of his prayer, he felt better. It helped his faith increase SO MUCH! We were so happy (:

Thursday was Halloween! In the morning we dressed up as Elders. (White shirts and black skirts) and in the afternoon, we decided to dress up as each other. You´ll see those pictures when you get the sd card. We bought roasted chesnuts (castañas) they were SO GOOD!! Friday was like a HUGE festivo in Spain - something to do with saints. BUt the ward had a party where we ate Migas... it´s where you cook bread and shrimp and other things in a big pan. It was really good. We played with the kids, and watched the women do Flamenco dancing!! It was really fun!

Saturday Morning, RM invited us to eat churros and chocolate! ahhh it was fantastic! (: Sunday, S and her kids came to church - and N is for sure being baptized next Sunday! We are SO EXCITED!!! She is such a good girl, and that is exactly what the ward needs!!
I know this church is true. I know with all my heart that Jesus Christ is my Savior, and He lives. I know He loves me and has suffered for all the pains and sins of the world. We watched a movie called - ¨To This End Was I Born´´ and it really helped me understand the sacrifice of the Savior, and even though the thing He had to go through was awful, it was necessary. I love my Savior and I am so happy to be a missionary.
I love you so much!
Love,
Hermana Brown
P.S. - I would love some candy corn! (; 

No comments:

Post a Comment