Monday, November 11, 2013

Columbus Day-In Huelva, the City Columbus Sailed From!




October 14, 2013

Happy MONDAY!!!
Like you said in the e-mail, we found out who is getting transferred!! We find out on Friday nights and Saturday mornings before the six week mark which is this Wednesday. Hermana J and I are staying here!! (: I´m pretty excited, I wasn´t ready to leave. Sadly, Elder H is leaving. I figured he would be, since he started his mission in Huelva and he´s been out for 6 months! We´ll miss him, and the ward will really miss him. They´ve watched him grow in his Spanish and as a missionary. But luckily, he´s still in the same zone as us! The new elder coming in is Elder M. I don´t know anything about him, but he looks like a cool kid! 

A little bit about my week!
Monday -
We had a busy p-day.. trying to get stamps, letters written, and other things. But I did get the thimble I wanted! It´s really cool.. and I hope I can find one from a few of the places I serve!
In FHE with G´s family, we discussed conference and what we liked about it. I noticed how my Spanish is improving, and how I´m becoming more confident when I speak. Conference helped a lot with that! (:

Tuesday - 
We visited one of our contacts and explained that we probably couldn´t visit her anymore because she wasn´t keeping any commitments. It was one of the hardest things I´ve had to do. I felt so so sad afterwards, Hermana J and I talked about how Heavenly Father must feel when His children don´t want to accept His gospel. It´s hard.. we also wondered how much easier missionary work would be if our emotions didn´t get involved. We just love these people so much, and when they don´t want to hear about the Savior, it just breaks my heart.

We also visited a man named J. Oh man... I don´t know if I talked about him before, but he has a little... wait scratch that (BIG) crush on me. This time when we visited he said ´´oh hermana brown, what message do you have for me today´´ ´´hermana brown teach me´´ then he kept telling me I was a Nephite and then he said he wanted me to say the prayer and afterwards he asked me what my lineage was. He is just a funny guy.. and I don´t know why he likes me because the first time we met with him I didn´t really say anything.

Wednesday - 
We went to the pueblo to visit S´s family today. The lesson went great! I felt the spirit quite strong and Hermana J said she could tell that I wasn´t stumbling over my words as much, and that the spirit was helping! It made me feel great! (: I shared the first vision for the first time in Spanish and it was awesome! They told us they would come to church this Sunday so we were super excited! We had to rush because the bus was supposed to come.. BUT it didn´t come. We were stuck in that pueblo for 4 1/2 hours /: It was bad... we weren´t having the best of luck with the buses. A member came and picked us up, and that made me feel even worse that he and his wife had to come all the way out there. They were nice about it though.

Thursday -
Taught with A... we went to visit a Romanian man, but only his friend was there. It was pretty good... he´s going back to Romania this week so that´s too bad. Our cita with M.A. is every other Thursday night and her daughter E is about 16 and she always wants to know how I do my hair! It´s funny, Last time I had French-braided it into a bun and this time I just had a bun on top of my head, but she loved it. I tried to teach her, but I don´t really know how to explain things in Spanish so it´s hard!

Friday -
We had zone meeting in Sevilla. Our zone leaders are awesome! Elder S is such a spiritual GIANT. He is from Germany , but he´s fluent in Spanish, and English too... Like every little thing he said, I just got chills. He´s awesome. At FHE tonight we practiced for the Christmas program. I played the piano.. and everyone tried to sing parts to Silent Night... It really made me miss all of our family. It was fun though! I´m excited for Christmas!

Saturday -
Today is a huge FESTIVO here in Huelva. I don´t know what it´s called, but it´s the day Columbus sailed from here... so people are having HUGE FIESTAS!! We went to an institute activity and made pizzas... they were alright! And later we were able to go to the place where Columbus prayed before his journey. I have pictures that I´ll attach! I hope you´re getting them!




Sunday -
Super hard day today! S´s family didn´t come to church. And it really really hurt.. worse than I thought it would. The day didn´t get much better... but we´re going to keep working!

This week was tough, not much success in numbers - but hopefully we can be planting seeds in people who maybe aren´t ready to receive the gospel yet.
I have a testimony that Jesus Christ is my Savior and he loves and knows me personally. I know that The Lord is preparing people to receive the gospel and as members and missionaries, it´s our duty to find and talk to those people. 

I love you all so much! I´m praying for you, please continue to pray for me!
I love you,
Love Hermana Sara Brown!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment