Friday, August 23, 2013

A Trip to the ER!


August 22, 2013

Hola mi AMAZING Familia!!!!!
I´m just going to start by telling all of you how much I love you!!! This last week was quite tough for me, but I´m so happy to hear that you are all keeping me in your prayers! Being a missionary is fantastic! I love meeting people and hopefully changing their lives with my awful broken spanish!!
Thursday 15th
We went to the Prado Museam in Madrid on Thursday. It was... uhmm interesting. I didn´t enjoy it too much, lots of things that weren´t really uplifting! But I guess it was a good experience to say I´ve been there! When we came back to the (CCM) we had a devotional from Richard G. Scott. It was ALL about faith and prayer! It was pretty amazing because it is exactly what I had been studying all week, and then the letter I received from Ben was also about faith and acting on it! It was great! My testimony has grown so much on faith and it makes me so happy that my faith is increasing!!
Saturday 17th
Today was the park again, and yes I was able to be companions with Abby!! Today wasn´t as great as last week, but it still went alright! We should be companions every week, so it´s going to get better! When we were getting off the train, we were walking next to this cute woman and she had her finger placed in a Book of Mormon to mark her place. She had just received it and it was so cool to see her reading it! It made me so happy! (: even if we didn´t place it!  When I was playing basketball today with the Elders, I drained a three in this really cocky elder´s face! haha He was quite embarrased! It was super fun though, they call me a baller... not really true, but we always have fun!
Sunday 18th
HEAVENLY FATHER ANSWERS PRAYERS!! Like I said earlier, this week has been quite hard so I was praying for charity and compassion and Heavenly Father really knows how to help! This morning, I lost my necklace and honestly thought that today was going to be awful, but luckily it wasn´t.  In Relief Society, Sis. Sitterud did a lesson with meaningful questions that each of us received and had to ponder. My comp. got hers about family and she really started to choke up. I felt so much love for her and I know that was from Heavenly Father! It was great to see the blessings from prayer come true right in front of me! My question was. ´´Share your testimony for President Monson and of living prophets.´´ I talked about the age-change and it seemed like everyone in that room felt the exact same feelings as I had about it being ´´just for me´´ (: I know we are all part of this MASSIVE missionary army sent throughout the world at this time for a reason! It makes me so happy to think that we are inviting others to come unto Christ! Hermana Hansen is so cute and made me feel so loved, she just gave me a little hug and told me how much she appreciated my testimony! I love her so much, and she´s just the cutest! After all the devotionals and everything, President Sitterud´s (our MTC pres.) wife fell and broke her arm in two places :/ It was awful, and she is still the most cheerful and loving woman ever! But she doesn´t need surgery so that is good!
Monday 19th
This morning I asked my District Leader, Elder Cherrington,  for a blessing of comfort and that was all I said to him about what was going on. It was one of the greatest blessings I have ever received. I KNOW for a fact, it is exactly what my Father in Heaven would say to me if I was talking face to face with Him. My testimony of Priesthood has also grown immensely because of that experience, and I think the testimony of others in my district also grew after witnessing it. Unfortunately, the day didn´t stay that great. During gym time I was playing basketball with the Elders (like I do everyday) and as I was on a fast break, going up for a lay-up, an elder came up behind me and kinda tackled me. I heard my neck pop and freaked out a little. I was thinking it was concussion and I was pretty scared, President Sitterud told me I needed to go to the hospital. One of the teachers took me to the ER and I was SO happy I had a translator or that experience would have been awful! The doctor was so nice and told me I needed to stick to chess and wear a helmet! haha but yeah he gave me a shot to numb the pain and it hurt SO bad!! oh my goodness, I couldn´t believe it. After getting x-rays, the doc told me that everything was okay! so that was good to hear. I came back and slept for the night, and slept in, in the morning.
Tuesday 20th
After a little bit of class I was super dizzy so I went back to bed. I woke up to 5 letters from my AMAZING family and friends so it was great timing! Thank you so much! I really needed it!! My district is the best! BY FAR.. I love them so much and I am so blessed to be around people that love me too! Tonight was the first time Í have felt the spirit during an ´´investigator´´ lesson! I talked about my baptism and the spirit was so strong! P.S. could you send me a picture of our family and of me at my baptism! I heard it is good to have for investigators!
Wednesday 21
Today in class we were learning how to teach by the spirit, and our teacher asked, ´´what do you say to investigators who don´t want to pray with their families´´ it got really emotional, an Elder- shared an experience with his mom who is an addict. He talked about how long it took him to forgive her, but he did. Our teacher then told us that she asked it because that was her. She had a hard time praying with her family because she felt like she couldn´t. It was a really spiritual lesson and really neat to hear about. We taught the same investigator as last night and AGAIN felt the spirit so strong. I talked about Ben and shared an experience for the first time. It was neat because the Spanish kind of just flew out my mouth! I don´t even remember learning some of the things I said! It was awesome! The gift of tongues is REAL!!

Well That was my great week!!

PLEASE tell everyone to not send letters to the MTC after Monday... send them to my Mission home!!! Make sure it´s clear, because even though they forward them, it takes FOREVER! I love you all so much! I hope things are great at home! (:


Sister Sara Autumn Brown
Spain Malaga Mission
Av. Jesus Santos Rein N˚ 2, 3 D-E
Edif. Ofisol
Fuengirola
29640 Malaga
SPAIN

No comments:

Post a Comment