Thursday, August 15, 2013

It's EMAIL day!!


August 15, 2013

HOLA FAMILIA!!!!
It does not seem like I´ve only been in España for a week!! I am LOVING it here!! I received my first letters from Brett and Ben on the 13th! It looked like they sent them the 8th... so it didn´t take too long!! I would LOVE to get more letters in the mail with lots and lots of pictures!! Mom, I received the package you send on the 14th! Thank you so much! I loved that... you don´t need to send any packages because I know they are so expensive... letters would be great! (: Things sound great at home! I´m so happy to hear how things are going with your lives and I would love to hear all about them!! (:

Friday Aug. 9,
We do service every Friday! Today we were able to clean the marble of the outside of the Temple! Oh man... BEST SERVICE EVER!! It was so amazing. I´ll send a pic of how close we really are to the temple!!

Sat. Aug. 10
The Park... I don´t even know how to explain this place. Having this experience, makes SPAIN mtc... so much better than PROVO!! Every Saturday we get paired up with a different companion. Abby and I get to be companions because everyone gets a ´´companion´´ for a day when we proselyte at the park!

 We take the Metro to a HUGE park! I don´t remember the name of the park, like parque de retired!? (Parque de Retiro) no se, I guess the royalty of Spain built it for retired folks! but it is MASSIVE... that picture of Abby and I is in front of this huge glass house that is there! So anyway... we said a prayer before we started looking for people to teach. We were both quite nervous to go up to someone and talk to them. We finally overcame our fears and went to a man on a bench. We asked him how he was and he started speaking French! We told him we didn´t speak and French, then he started speaking in Spanish... we were very confused! But he told us he was telling a joke and that he was really from Madrid! haha we tried to talk to him, but he said he had to go on a walk! He got up and walked away... 1st REJECTION!! It was great, hahaha but it gets better!

Next people we come to, is a cute old couple. They are from Madrid and they talked to us for quite a while. One of their first questions was ´´are you partners´´ I immediately said oh no no no. It was so funny, Abby didn´t realize that they had just asked if we were lesbians. We cleared that up and explained that we were missionaries. The woman said that ´our people´ are always so happy and that Abby and I were angels. It was pretty cool! They didn´t talk to us much more about it so we went on our way. 

We saw two American girls and decided to talk to them. They were 16 and on holiday from New York. After finding out a little bit about them we discussed religion with them a little. They told us they were Catholic and that was kind of the reason they were in Europe.. BUT I gave out my first Book of Mormon and they accepted! It was pretty cool!

As we were walking away from them, a cute lady came up to us and asked if she could talk to us! She was from New Zealand and her name is Elison. She told us her parents were members of the church after she had moved away from home. Her husband had passed away quite young, so I told her about eternal families and she seemed very receptive to it. Before we leave the park, we all sing by the fountain. We told her about it and she asked if she could come with us to watch us... she stayed the entire time and just smiled! She didn´t seem like an investigator, but more of a relief society president. She was so cute... I asked her if she wanted to come watch us sing again on Sunday at the Temple. She said maybe next week! I am hoping to see her again this Saturday and talk more! I loved her so much, and every time some of our other missionaries would go up to her by the fountain... she would say ´´those are my girls over there´´ She is so cute! I am going to find out her last name and tell Hunter!!

After the parque we have a testimony meeting back at the CCM it was very neat to hear everyone´s experiences!! I also went to the gym today and asked the Elders if I could play basketball with them! They said yeah, and then every second after that they told me I was such a baller! I didn´t even play that well, but it was super fun!!

Sun. Aug. 11
Sunday´s are super busy! Lots of firesides, devotionals and meetings.
We also sing on the Temple steps, but it is kind of awful! Our elders are a ´little´ tone deaf! haha But it is super powerful I guess!! (: hopefully it gets better!!

Mon Aug 12
We had a morningside today from President Teshura (area of seventy) ´´We don´t need to RAISE the bar. We need to RAISE OURSELVES to reach the bar that is set.´´ it was a very good morning! We had Salmon for lunch and it was amazing!! I loved it! The food seems to be getting better!!

Wed Aug 13
I played futbol today for gym time! It was 110 while we were playing. Holy COW!!!! It was pretty fun, there is this cute little girl that is just amazing. She dribbles past 6 elders and she´s just awesome!!

That was my week though!! It´s been great! I am loving being a missionary! I studied Ether chapter 12 a lot this week and it talks about faith. I know that with Faith and the Lord´s help, we can do all things!

I love you so much! I need to get stamps to send my letters, but It would be FANTASTIC to get letters from you all!! I love you!!! Send more pictures! (:

Love,
Hermana Brown

Oh and I didn´t get a thing from Dad... I don´t know if he sent it to the right email. Thank you so much for the pictures!!
I would love to get more!! Lots more!! (:

Today for our excursion we´re going to the Prado... the big museum here!! It should be super cool!! (:

A few more Pictures:
The day I left the Provo MTC!

Hermana Morris and I at the REAL Stadium!!

No comments:

Post a Comment