Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Email August 8, 2013


August 8, 2013

(In Sara’s letter, I just asked a bunch of questions and then she answered them.  My questions are italicized and her answers are not)


Tell me about your companion. My companion is actually Hermana Morris! She was companions with Hermana Reyes in the provo mtc and my roommate! She´s great.. love her so much!

How many Missionaries are at the MTC there? There are a little less than 100.. BUT the mtc is only supposed to hold 25-30. It´s pretty packed in here, but I love it! The sisters in my room are great, it´s a lot of fun!

Did you ever see Elder Whitney at Provo? Yeah we got a picture together! It was on his camera, so hopefully he´ll send it home! He was so happy to be there! Happier than I´ve ever seen him!

Was Abby surprised/excited to see you? (What about Hermana Hansen?) Yeah appearantly everyone knew I was coming before I even did! Abby and I hugged and both shed a little tear! I was so excited to see her!

When did you get sick?  Tell me about it. Hermana Reyes got sick sat. morning and I started feeling it saturday afternoon. We stayed in our rooms until monday. We got a priesthood blessing sunday that helped so much! An elder who had never given one gave one to me! It was great!

Did your luggage make weight? Yeah it did!! 50 and 48 lbs! whoooo hoooo... I sat next to this cute lady on the way to madrid. She was so nice and we talked a little bit! I should´ve been a better missionary as well! 

Will they forward your mail to you that will go to the Provo MTC? I really hope so.. I haven´t heard anything though. But there are DEAR ELDERS that come to this MTC too.. so you should tell everyone to write those! They are way easy, they just might cost 60 cents or so! 

Do you get to see Madrid at all on your P-Days there? YES!! Today we´re going to the REAL stadium! oooh so excited! It´s going to be so great!! Every p'day is a different excursion!
Did you get to go to the Provo Temple/Madrid Temple? The provo temple was closed for renovation ): super sad, BUT the Madrid temple is beautiful and literally right outside the window! We get to go today and every thursday! President Gordon B. Hinkley said this temple has his favorite Celestial room!! I´m so excited! Have you seen the new video they´ve come out with in the temples? I don´t know if it´s everywhere.. but I heard it´s pretty good!

Do you know if we can send mail through the pouch service in Salt Lake? I don´t know what that is!! I know dearelder works!

Do you know if it's alright if we send packages there to the MTC?  You call says to send the to the Mission Office, are others receiving them? Yeah it´s fine to send packages here! people get them all the time! Maybe robyn can send some from england! 

Will you have your computer time at the same time each P-Day and if you do, what time do you get to email? I´m going to try to get on 30 min in the morning.. .and then 30 minutes in the afternoon!
These questions are great! I can just copy and paste and it makes things so much easier! I am so happy to be here! I love it so much! It sounds like you had such a fun time in England! I´m so happy I was able to talk to you yesterday! I was so bummed when we couldn´t hear each other, but it worked out! Did I tell you when I talked to Cadence, Rachel, and Elena i was such a mess! I cried and couldn´t stop! (: But speaking of that... please please please send pictures! Maybe like a photo album or something?? idk! I love you so much!

President Tyler (my branch president in provo) told us a scripture every time he was with us! D&C 6:36... "doubt not, fear not" I love you so much Mom! (: I´ll get on and write more later! Love you lots!! (:
(second email on the same day)
Hi
The temple was MUY BONITA!! ooh I just loved it! The Celestial room is amazing!!(: For study today I tried to memorize the first vision in español, it is so much prettier in spanish than in english i think! The stadium was so cool... I didn´t know how we would spend a few hours in there, but it ended up being like a museum underneath! It was so cool!! I took a ton of pictures so I´ll try to send them, but they don´t like you to because of viruses i guess.?? idk I´ll ask about it again!

(More answers to questions)

Are the classes made of groups going to specific missions or just whole groups?  My class is my district and we are all going to different parts of spain. Only hma Morris and I are going to Málaga!

Is your MTC Mission President your Branch President, also? I don´t really know that yet.. but he is awesome! His name is Pres. Siggerud.. idk how to spell it!

Were you able to print that attachment I sent before? YES!! thank you so much! I loved that! It meant a lot! (:

Is it hot there? Not as hot as I thought it would be... it´s about the same as it was in provo!

When you went to the temple was it the new movie?  I am online!! whoo!!! No it wasn´t the new one.. probably because they had to translate it!

Is robyn sending me roses?!? (: because that would be MUY FANTASTICO!

Yeah they are!! But it´s devo time! I love you so much!!
Have a good week! Glad I got to talk to you lots these past few days!
love,
Hermana Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment