Friday, August 2, 2013

IT'S FRIDAY! EMAIL DAY


Yay!  I'm glad to see that Sara took a picture of her Missionary Badge on her first day at the MTC!




Following are some excerpts from Sara's email today:



Things are muy bueno here at the MTC!! 1 week down.. and it feels like a few months! I AM NOT MAD... I love it here!! (: Last time I mentioned how great my district and zone was... they are just amazing! I know I was blessed by being sent to this MTC.

We taught our first investigator, Samantha. It was not as good as we expected, we didn't know much Spanish.. but it only went up from there!! Friday afternoon, Elder Weeks and Elder Gentry received word on their visas. They were told that they were leaving on Tuesday. They are two of the elders from our district. They said Hermana Morris had received hers too... when she came back to the classroom, she said that Hermana Hansen (mi compañera) had received hers too! I went with her to the travel office to pick it up. Sadly, mine was not there yet! But it will come soon, I know it! I know that Satan is working so hard to put doubt into my mind, but mom I just keep reminding myself, "I CAN DO HARD THINGS"! I talked to my Sister Training Leaders and they made me feel SO GREAT! Having them as leaders has been a GREAT blessing since I've been here. They are always asking if I need anything and it is just so nice to hear that.

El don de lenguas (the gift of tongues) is REAL! I can't even begin to tell you how amazing that feeling was when we began bearing our testimony in Español!

Oh Sunday... I just loved today. Sacrament meeting was great! President Tyler picks 2 people to give a short 3-5 minute talk in spanish. Then a member of the presidency and his wife talks. Alma 43:16 talks about the Arms of Safety, and Pres. Tyler focused on "everything happening for a reason". Much needed lesson for me to hear! Relief Society was about the Foundation of Faith and "DOING HARD THINGS". President Tyler talked to us again later that day about trying to please our Heavenly Father. "Daddy, look at me"!

Today was the first day Hermana Reyes and I were companions. I love her! We went to choir and sang during the devotional! It was so great... we were on the big screen!! Haha, an old member of the seventy spoke to us and it was great! After devotional was my favorite part though. We had a zone testimony meeting and it was so amazing!

Hermana Reyes and I taught today for the first time together. It was the best one yet for me.. and I also LOVE Wednesdays! I
saw Elder Braden Harris and Elder Travis Carlisle. They were so so happy to be here and that just made me happy!! I haven't seen Elder Whitney yet, I've been looking for him.

Sara and her first companion-Hermana Hansen-(she has now left for Spain).


MTC Companion #2, Hermana Reyes, smelling a tree that smells like Cream Soda??


With Sister Hess, a friend from Oregon that Sara met years ago when Heidi and Ben lived there.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment