Monday, February 24, 2014


February 24, 2014

This week has been a long one, but it´s been really fun. Monday we finished our p-day by buying my camera, that I´m really glad I bought. Now I´m not worried about my camera not working when I need it. Thank you so much for letting me get it, it can be my birthday and Christmas presents for a long time!

I LOVE this girl!
Tuesday was our last day together-mine and Hermana Nielsen’s ): She packed up all her things and got moved out over to her other piso! Then I rode the long bus ride to Málaga.  Hna. Deere picked us up and took us to the mission home.
New Trainers


We got there and our hijos were already there. It was a little different from when I was being trained. We got to meet them that night, and eat together and be companions.
My hija´s name is Hna. Read as you already know. She is from Michigan. She´s really cute. She is 19, speaks fluent French, super smart and really good at picking up on things, and has a pretty accomplished life already. She´s the oldest of 5 and  a vegetarian. 
I'm excited, but nervous to be a trainer!
Wednesday we left back to Alicante! Hna. Read is really cute, she really wants to work hard and I am SO GRATEFUL for that.

Thursday I picked up the Valentine´s Package!!! Mom that was the best gift ever! Thank you so much for doing that. It made my life, and I got it right when I needed it most! Training is hard. It´s hard to know how much to teach and how much to be an example. I have TONS of questions, so I ask the SHE´s quite a lot of things, because I am definitely not perfect at this. But really thank you so much for doing that. It made me cry!
This is where they have bullfights.

Friday we had district meeting and on Thursday, Elder Durfey assigned me to teach something from the white handbook. Nothing specific. I chose to speak on obedience. As I was teaching, both Elder Durfey and Gonzales were kind of smiling and laughing a little... then Gonzales went and shared his talk. It was all about OBEDIENCE and Elder Durfey assigned him to that. Then Elder Durfey talked about it too. It was pretty cool that it was led by the spirit to share that! After district meeting, we went to Dominos with Hna. Nielsen and Johnson.

): So sad.. .So many of our investigators are moving.  Seriously so sad that they are leaving.  We went to see F, and we talked about a scripture, then I started to bare my testimony and I got a little choked up. I am seriously so sad that he is leaving. I wrote my testimony in his Book of Mormon - he said he´ll have it with him ALWAYS! 

Saturday was a little rough. We walked A LOT! We didn´t have many lessons, but we did contact a man named P. When we introduced the name of our church he said, ´´ÚLTIMOS DÍAS, ÚLTIMOS DÍAS! Tengo miedo!´´ (Last days, last days! I´m scared!) Haha he was super funny.. we talked to him and asked if we could write down his number, he said he would call us. We taught T, and Hna. Read invited him to baptism!! He accepted a date (; Whooo!! But he´s not in our ward we figured out ): Then we went to see MC. Wow..what a change in her grandma. She told us she has been reading in the Book of Mormon, and that it has cleared up a bunch of her doubts. It was really cool!! She also told us that she wants us to talk to MC´s mom.. That wasn´t happening before, but now yeah! Super great! (: 

It´s been a long week, but it´s been great! We´ve had a lot of work even for though we only worked for 3 days. I love training, it´s a lot of fun. We´re both learning a lot, and I just hope I can do a good job.
I love you a lot. I hope you have a good week!!
Love,
Hermana Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment