Sunday, February 16, 2014

February 3, 2014


February 3, 2014

Well.. It´s been a crazy week like always!!!
I´ve been thinking a lot about you all and praying a lot!! I hope everyone is feeling the comfort of our Heavenly Father during this time.
Well Monday we just hung out at home and wrote letters. I hope you got the little letter I sent with my sd cards, if not, it should be coming soon. Monday night we had a cita with our Mission Leader and his family. We weren´t expecting to eat, but we ate quite a lot. It was nice, because he invited a friend to come too. She has listening to missionaries a lot - she knows pretty much all of them, but we don´t know how much interest she has. After that, we had Noche de Hogar like always. Whoever was supposed to have the lesson, didn´t have it again, so we taught Origin. Did you watch it? It´s great... I recommend it!! 
Tuesday we had our district meeting and Elder D asked Hermana N and I to give a short talk about how we have so many fecha´s (baptismal dates). It was a little awkward, because we know it´s not us that has done it, but we´re just instruments in the Lord´s hands. We just told them that when we felt the spirit the strongest, that is when we invited people to be baptized. And the spirit testified to them that this is the truth, and they accepted. After mediodia, it seemed like we walked FOREVER... no one was home and none of our plans were working out. We got to teach A, but we didn´t have a woman to come with us, so we had to teach it outside. We taught the Plan of Salvation. Then we taught English class and E ended up staying AND PARTICIPATING in the Family Home Evening!! So great. She didn´t say she liked it or disliked it, but at least she´s coming and listening! 
Wednesday morning I got the call from President Deere. I cried a little bit, but after studying and praying about the plan of salvation. I felt at peace and I knew that he is with our Heavenly Father again. We taught 3 lessons that morning (that´s pretty uncommon for us) then we ate and taught with the Familia R and C. Then we had 3 lessons that night. It was a busy day, but I was so grateful for it. I love how my Heavenly Father has been helping me keep my mind busy with helping other people understand the gospel!
Thursday was crazy. We planned in the morning, and ended up having 5 lessons that evening. We were RUNNING everywhere. We got 2 new investigators and a great lesson with A. She is a less-active that is having a really hard time. We talked about patriachal blessings and she is going to prepare to receive hers. 
Friday we had 6 lessons and found some new investigators. We talked to A (a less-active that moved here last week) He loves meeting with us, and we are trying so hard to help him. He is a tough one. We made him cookies because it was his birthday Saturday. He´s a great guy , and I feel like when he has a testimony to stand on - he´ll be such a good member of the church. Saturday we had stake conference in Elche. The chapel is BEAUTIFUL. There are palm trees everywhere and it´s a cute little building. Hna. N and I were sitting outside and I saw a girl who looked so familiar. I could not think of how I knew her. I kept staring and she kept looking at me. We went up to each other and I asked ´´how do I know you?´´
She said that she is Gabby´s roommate, Lauren, (so pretty much mine too) how embarrassing. But it was just like shocking that she was there. The conference was GREAT!! It was about the work of Salvation, and mission work. I loved it. We got a ride home from a member so that was great too... Luckily too.. because we got to teach another lesson that night. 
Sunday we taught A the law of chastity before the conference. We were SO worried, we didn´t know much about him - just that he had a ´´pareja´´ which could mean they´re married, or just say they are. We taught and we just spoke really bluntly. He said, ´´I can´t keep this, I´m already married,´´ We were RELIEVED!!! We explained that he is living it, and that he just needs to stay faithful. It was good. We were so excited and he is SO excited for his baptism this Saturday!!! The Conference was great. Elder Ballard spoke along with some of the seventy... and they all spoke directly to the people of Spain and Portugal. It was neat to have them address everything they said to us. After mediodia today we taught 6 lessons!!!!! That´s insane!!! We found a new investigator named R and she is AWESOME... but the sad thing is, is that she lives in the Elder´s area. ):  The other lessons were all great too... we taught F, who is the son of a member who is 8 but not baptized. He is getting baptized this Saturday too!
So last week we taught a bunch of lessons and were super blessed... this week we taught 29 lessons and we have seen so so so many miracles. I¨m so grateful to be here. The work is so much fun, and we have so many things to do, it´s super busy and super great!

I love you so much! Thank you for everything you´ve done for me! I love you lots!! 
Love,
Hermana Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment