Sunday, February 16, 2014

ANOTHER INCREDIBLE WEEK


January  27, 2014


Wow! This week was incredible! (: I can´t even begin to tell how many blessings and miracles we have witnessed! It´s been a week full of tender mercies from our Heavenly Father. 
Monday was great. I talked a little about the castle. It was a fun time, even though we were exhausted for the rest of the day! We had a few plans, but they weren´t fixed or anything and actually none of them worked out. We were a little bummed that we hadn´t had a lesson all day, but then we went to family home evening and the girl who was supposed to plan it had forgotten, so we did the lesson. We did it on the Book of Mormon. It turned out pretty good I think! Tuesday, we had district meeting. I had to give a little talk about finding and teaching. I had planned a little what I was going to say and the scriptures I was going to use early that morning, but when we got to the chapel - I had forgotten my notes. I was very blessed to have the Spirit with me so that I could give the talk. It went really well I think, and I feel like my panish is improving SO much! After that, we had lunch with the R´s. We taught about the light of Christ and it turned into a really good leccióncita!! (short lesson). Then I went to pick up a package from Vickie and the young women! SUPER nice! (: I was so happy to get it. I wrote them a letter today and I´ll send it later! The afternoon started out really REALLY slow. No one was home and no one wanted to listen. We finally went to G´s (investigator - but not really too interested) We met her son and grandson and had a little hot chocolate and taught her a little. It was good to finally meet her family. Then we went to pick up E for English class. We got to the chapel and turned on a Mormon Message. She was pretty surprised, she didn´t think she was getting a lesson today. We asked her to offer the prayer, and we only had to ask twice. She actually said a real prayer today. Like asking for things she needs and thanking Heavenly Father for things she has. The spirit was really strong there. We watched the Mormon Message called Origin. You should watch it, it´s AWESOME! It´s Joseph Smith´s story, but about a teenage girl. After the video, we talked to E about her prayer and how great it was. It was a pretty cool lesson. Then we had English Class and showed the video ´´Light of Christ´´ I think it´s exactly what E needed! She is progressing, and we can see it everyday! She didn´t stay for family home evening, and I´m kind of glad she didn´t. It was super awkward.
All it was, was saying nice things about Hna. C and everyone bearing their testimonies about her. It was a little weird for the investigators. I don´t know how Hna. C  wasn´t crying or anything. I´m pretty sure I would be a mess! 
Wednesday we had E come with us to lessons in the morning. We visited R. This was the first lesson we had with him, and we asked him to be baptized. He said yes and he has a date for the 22nd of Feb. E was awesome, and related everything he said back to the gospel. Then we went to see M. It was our 2nd lesson with him and we taught the restoration. We asked him to be baptized too and he said yes. He also has the date for the 22nd. After mediodia, we went to have a meeting with the relief society presidency. They gave us names of people we need to visit, then we went and had our second lesson with A. He was the one who came to church last week. He is awesome! We taught him the restoration and asked him to be baptized. After the invitation, he said.. ´´well that´s why I´m here.´´ It was great. He shared with us, that he always looked at the building and knew he needed to come. Then M invited him to a lesson and he knew this was right. Super awesome! After him, we met with C. She isn´t really progressing, but we´re still going to work a little with her. We went and saw F (who is a member) and her kids. She didn´t think her husband would be home that early, but he walked in when we got there. He isn´t a member, but we invited him to listen. We talked to her son (F who is 8) about baptism. He got permission from his dad right there. We set 4 baptismal dates this day. It was incredible. Then we had dinner with A, and she made probably the best thing I´ve had in Spain. Ravioli. It tasted like something in America! I seriously loved it so much.
Thursday was a pretty slow day. Everything failed for us - we did teach the English class, then went to M´s (member) house. She is a great woman. She is a single mom raising 4 kids and the primary president. She´s awesome, and such a sweetheart!!
Friday we asked A to come with us to lessons in the morning, sadly - they all failed. For mediodia we ate with a less active named L. Her daughter is serving in New York and she is super nice. She doesn´t want to come to church though. We shared Origin with her, and after - while we were talking, she started to cry and said her daughter is going straight to Argentina after her mission. She isn´t even coming back to Spain. It was really sad, and it made me really grateful to have someone supporting me out here. Someone who I love to hear from every week and someone who I am so excited to see when I get home!! After that, we went to the church to write in Hna. C´s journal. They were eating with their district and it was a little awkward. After, we went to see A. We shared a little message with her, then talked to A (the less-active from Brasíl) A´s daughter was there and we shared Endure to the End with them. A told us she is coming to church on Sunday. Then we went to R - she fed us yummy rice and chicken. It´s nice to have a companion that isn´t allergic to rice!! 
Saturday was a great day!! We asked A again to come with us in the morning. She had her car today and we got to be driven to all of our appointments! Super great! We had three lessons in the morning with men. We went to visit a ´´future investigator´´ named A, but it turns out he is a member. He has only lived in Alicante for a week. We invited him to church. After medio dia, we saw E and had a great lesson with her about enduring to the end. Then we saw G and taught her about the Holy Ghost. Then we got a call from people in the other ward asking if I would come play the piano for them. We went to the church and I couldn´t end up playing it. But we sang with them, and I´m glad we went because I got to say goodbye to Hermana C. She is the cutest little thing ever.. I had a hard time saying bye! That night, we had a lesson with M and M. It had to be short because we didn´t want to be out late in that area again. On our way home we were waiting at the bus stop and this guy let us on first. He was from South America, but we didn´t know where. M gave us oranges, so we were peeling them on the bus. This guy gave us his wrapper thing from churros to put the peels in. We started talking to him - his name is M - he is from Argentina and is 22. I didn´t think he was flirting, and even if he was - he wasn´t like a creepy guy. We talked to him about English class and he was super interested, but, he is leaving on a trip in a month. But hopefully he´ll have more interest when he comes back. He got off on the stop before us, and came in to give me besitos. I tried to stop him, but I couldn´t lean back. It was bad - haha. We explained to him after and he got off laughing. 
Sunday we had church and I translated for the family from the Philipines again. After mediodia, we went to see G. (the relief society president) She´s been sick for two weeks, poor thing. Then we visited a less active named N and then we went with the elders to give A the sacrament. Then we taught M and then finished with teaching E! We had a good lesson with her about the commandments. I shared my experience with the sabbath day - and she was SHOCKED that I played college softball. 

It turned into a pretty awesome week!! I love my mission. I love the people. I love the language. I love everything about being here!!! 
I´m so grateful to have such a great companion. I know that we´re having success because we want to be obedient and do our best. It´s so great to have someone that wants to follow promptings of the spirit! She´s awesome and I love her to death! 

One thing before I leave. The garbage men have gone on strike and this city is filling up with trash. It´s so GROSS! The garbage has overflown into the streets and we have to change our route sometimes to get around it. Super nasty, we´re hoping that they stop soon. 

Have a great week family! I love you lots!! 
Love,
Hermana Sara Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment