Sunday, February 16, 2014

A Visit to the Castle

January 20, 2014
Good Afternoon Family!!(: how is everyone this cold day! It´s wonderful here in Alicante! Super windy and pretty cold, but I love it!
I´m going to start with today! We went as a zone, up to the castle here in
Alicante. I´ll attach pictures, but it was a blast! It was a beautiful view from the top. I got to chat with Hna. J a lot so that was super nice. We took lots of fun pictures and had a great time.
Monday we had a lesson with M. He was wearing an earring. Don´t really know why. But we had a lesson planned, but he pretty much talked the whole time. He said he didn´t want to come to church because he didn´t want people to see him like this. I don´t really know what that means, but he said he wasn´t going to come right now. Then we had our weekly noche de hogar and L, a new convert, gave the lesson on the priesthood (how hard) but she did a great job.
Tuesday we tried to visit a bunch of people, but no one was home. We set up a lesson to see a member named F whose 8 year old isn´t baptized. We at a yummy lunch with the R´s. We had a fun lesson with them about enduring to the end. Then we had a lesson with E. She is great. I think this day was the first time she said ´´good´´, as a response to the question, ´´how are you prayers going?´´. We showed her, her baptism calendar and asked her to say the closing prayer. After a little bit of fighting, she said yes. Then we went to the church to an activity. We took the tram, but silly me, we got off on the wrong stop. When we finally got to the church, they taught us how to make turrón. Ohh man... I ate so much of it too!! And now I know how to make it. BAD NEWS! (: Then we taught English class and showed a message about service at the end. It went really well. Then we taught the noche de hogar (family home evening) for the 2 wards. We taught about enduring to the end. We did an activity and showed the Mormon message about the kids having to wait to eat the marshmellow. It was a really good lesson I think.
Wednesday we went to see a less-active named L. She was really nice, and has a daughter serving in New York. She says she doesn´t want to go back to church because of the standards we have or something. A little strange, I’m thinking it might be a little different reason. Then we saw G (an investigator) she had an interesting story about how ´´Joseph Smith died under a tree´´. She might have mixed up the two stories about the first vision and him getting shot in the jail. Then we went to eat at F´s. We taught the first lesson with cups and it went really well.. even though we didn´t have lots of time. We taught E about enduring to the end. She is doing better, she said she knows she needs to come to church.
Thursday we had weekly planning, and it went great. It is a lot more fun when you don´t have to really talk about problems in your companionship! (: It was great. After mediodia, we went to see M. But he wasn´t there... as we were walking to another cita, we saw M. Super SUPER drunk. He said he forgot - it was bad. We went to our ´´fixed´´ cita with M, but she didn´t show up. Then we went to E. We taught her lesson 3 and she walked with us to English class. She liked it and the message turned out really good. On our way home, we walked with her and E came too. E told her, straight up, ´´God exists´´ She would be a super good missionary. I hope she goes.
Friday I had a talk in district meeting. Well all the missionaries did. Our topic was what a successful missionary is. I talked about a formula president Deere gave us. Humility + Prayer + Faith = Victory. It went really well. Then we went to eat with G. A woman, T, was there. She is from Nigeria and in our ward. Her 5 year old daughter was in the hospital. She asked if we could go stay with her for 30 minutes or so, so she could go get some things done. We asked our district leader if we could and he said it was fine. We went and talked and played with her. She is a little serious, but the poor girl has an infection. After the hospital, we had a lesson with M  and he brought a friend named A. He was great. He said he is going to come to church. After, we went an bought crayons for S (the girl in the hospital) and went back there to stay with her. After staying in the hospital for 2 1/2 hours, we went to see M. As we were walking (don´t get freaked out) but we walked across a crosswalk and a guy started checking me out. Now he was on one side of the street and we were on the other. We were walking pretty fast, and he kept our pace. Then we slowed down and he slowed down too. We wanted to go to a restaurant, but it was a bar. We ran into a fruit place and within seconds he was in there too. He came up to me and asked how I was. We ran out and ran to M ´s. Then after the lesson with them, we walked outside and he was still there. We ran to the other side of the street before he saw us and called the elders. They were really close and walked home with us.
So yeah.. that was a pretty scary experience. We were freaking out quite a bit, but we said a prayer and then the elders came. It was great. They could have been anywhere in Alicante, but they were right where we were. Our Heavenly Father loves His children so much and I´m so grateful for prayer and the chance I have to communicate with my Heavenly Father. 
Saturday we went to visit an old investigator, but she couldn´t attend to us. After that, we were heading to visit an investigator - G called us and asked us if we could go stay with S in the hospital again. T (the mother) had called a bunch of members, but they were all working. We stayed there until almost 4 /: I´m glad we could help. After coming home to eat something, we had correlation and then we left to visit A. (a less active that lives on the street the creepy guy was on) we were walking and we saw him again. But this time he didn´t see us. Luckily, A answered the door and we had an amazing lesson with her. We talked about the light of Christ and I related it to Lehi´s dream and the Iron rod. It went really well and I´m finally at a point in my Spanish where I can explain what I want to. It´s such a blessing (: We invited her to come to church and she said she´ll try. Then we went to M’s and had a lesson about the sabbath day. We invited them to church and invited her granddaughter to baptism. She was a little freaked out because her dad is really against anything religious. As we were talking, Hna. Nielsen whispered to me and said ´´we have to go´´. As we left, she ran out and said she had a bad feeling like we needed to get home now. We ran home, and got home on time. I don´t know what would have happened, but I´m glad I have a companion that will listen to the spirit and will not let the prompting pass. 
Sunday we made brownies to take to the kids in the hospital and for the elders. We went to church and A was outside, waiting for us, and dressed very nice. He stayed for all three hours, and really enjoyed it. And M came too.. I was surprised, because he said he didn´t want to come! Then after church we came home, then went to the hospital and gave brownies and cards to S and another cute little girl in her same room named D. The elders showed up to give T and S the sacrament. It was good, I hope the family of the little girl felt something special. After, we went to A´s to give her the sacrament with the elders. She´s not reading in the Book of Mormon so we read some from Ether with her. It went really well and I feel like the spirit was really strong there. After that, we contacted a little bit and got a few futures. It was good! We need new investigators.
Today was lots of fun! Hermana J and I talked and took lots of pics! I love that girl so much! I also LOVE my compie Hna. N. We are best friends already (: Hna C leaves Sunday ): I´m super sad, but we got to hang out with her lots today. This is her last p-day. We should see them again tomorrow and Friday. And hopefully Saturday we´ll have a lunch or something with them! I´m really sad she´s leaving, I love her a lot! It´s hard when these españolas leave because they don´t live in Utah where we can see them lots after the mission ): But we´ll keep in touch! 

It was a good week.. The numbers didn´t show, but I´m really glad we were able to serve Tina. It was nice to have a lot of lessons with our less-actives too!!
I´m so so so grateful to be a missionary. I always say to people that I never want to go home and they think I´m crazy. Don´t get me wrong.. I love you all and miss you so much - but I never want to stop wearing my nametag EVER. I´m taking advantage of this time because I know it´s going to fly by. I love serving. There is nothing else I would rather do. I´m so happy I only have 6 months in the mission - and that I still have one year left to do the work of the Lord. I have faith that people are ready to hear the gospel here in Spain, it may just take time for some - - and a lot of finding! I love you so much. Thank you for always supporting my decision to go on a mission. I´m so happy here! It´s the best work in the world! 
I love you
Love,
Hermana Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment