Sunday, February 16, 2014

Letter After Hearing About the Passing of Grandpa King


Hi Mom,
I got a call from President Deere this morning about Grandpa. I´m so sorry. He gave me a few options and I decided to take this one and write you a little note. I´ve been thinking about you today and I am so grateful for the daughter your dad has raised. I know how strong you are, and I´m so glad you have been at peace with the whole thing. I was thinking about him a lot today during my personal study, and I was reading about the spirit world. It´s so amazing - that place. I am so happy to have the knowledge that he is with Grandma. I bet they are just rejoicing and loving being together again. Mom we are so so SO lucky to know about the Plan of Salvation, the plan Heavenly Father has for each one of his children. I can´t imagine having something like this happen without having the blessing of knowing about this plan. It would be really hard don´t you think? To wonder if you´ll ever see him again? But Heavenly Father loves us so much that he has given us the opportunity to know about this plan He has for us. I read today in Alma 40.. and right now I only have my spanish scriptures so I´ll have to translate, so it won´t be exact words. But I love in verses 12 and 13 where it is talking about the Spirit World. My favorite part of this whole chapter is the line where it says -  all the spirits will be brought to return to the God who gave them life. I love it. I´m so happy to know that Grandpa is happy and is with his loving wife who he has just been waiting for him to return to her. I don´t even know Grandma King, but I can just imagine her face when he was brought back to her.
Mom, I love you so much! I already miss Grandpa and I know you do too, but the thing we can do now is depend on Heavenly Father. Our Savior, Jesus Christ, suffered for every pain we have felt. He made it possible for us to die and be resurrected and because of his sacrifice for us, we can return to live with Him and our Father again. This plan is perfect, and I have a testimony that it is true. I know that we will live with our family again, and more than that - we will ALL return to the God who gave us life. 
Mom - I want you to know that I am praying for you and thinking about you, but also I want you to know that I am trying to focus myself in the work of the Lord. I know that this is a sad thing, especially when I can´t be there with you and Dad, but I´m ready to work and help people to understand that they can see their loved ones after they pass away. This is the wonderful thing about being a missionary. I get to teach people things like this, things that have blessed my life, and things that make it easier to cope. I hope you are feeling the comfort of Heavenly Father - He loves you so much and He has His arms open and willing to comfort you. I love you so much Mom. I know with all my heart that this church is the Church of Jesus Christ and that the Plan of Salvation is perfect and it is a plan of happiness. 
I love you and I´m excited to hear from you next Monday!

To Da,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment