Sunday, February 23, 2014

A BIG RESPONSIBILITY!


February 17, 2014

What a week!! (: I received news last Monday that I was going to train. What a big responsibility that´s all I can say. I´m super nervous, and excited at the same time! After emailing and getting the things done we needed to, we had a lesson with A. G accompanied us along with another cute less-active from Argentina, named M. We taught the word of wisdom. He was very concerned about tea. He said he could give up everything else, but not tea. We said that it was a requirement for baptism to live this commandment, and he said ´´what you´re not going to baptize me because I drink tea?´´  umm.. yeah like we said, it´s a requirement. We talked to him about praying for an answer and that he can pray specifically for things he needs. He was a little stubborn and wouldn´t ask for help in front of us, but he said he would read and pray.
After that lesson, we went to G´s and she made us this coffee stuff. It´s not coffee, but it kind of smells like it - I really liked it. We taught her and M a little message then headed to F´s. I think I´ve talked about him before, but he is just so great! His wife and 2 kids were home so we went and taught them all together. It was so fun to have a family to teach. We´ve been praying for one, and it was just so nice to be in a home with an entire family. We taught about prayer, and they loved it. The kids are the cutest things ever. I can´t remember their names right now, but we should be seeing them again tonight! After that, we went to Noche de Hogar and B taught a lesson about families. I shared about how dad gets up to have prayer with you before you go to work, everyone thought that was so great! At the end of the lesson, B shared a video with a little kid singing ´´Families can be together forever´´ So cute, I started tearing up a little bit. 
Tuesday morning I had to travel to Málaga. We left at 9:30 and got there about 5:15ish. It´s a really long trip. While we were traveling, we stopped in Granada, and guess who got on! Hermana P. We sat and talked for a while about things happening in Alicante. It was fun! Then we got to Málaga and got to go to the Mission Home!! Oh I just love that place, I love President and Hermana Deere! We got YUMMY homemade food, Café Rio Pork Burritos!! Whoooo! I was craving that (: So good! We talked and laughed, then got ready for our meeting. President Deere told us how important trainers are to him. The first thing he does when transfers come along is pray about trainers - before a.p´s, zone leaders or anything. He said, ´´what missionaries learn in their first transfer is how they will be the rest of their mission.´´ I´ll write more about this in a letter that I´ll write you on my long bus trip tomorrow! (: It´s a big responsibility, but it´s an honor and a humbling opportunity. I´m excited! There are two natives and two from the states! We won´t know until Wednesday morning! Later that night, the newer missionaries came over to eat and then we ate dessert. They are really cute and nice.
Wednesday we got up and ate breakfast and then sat in at the meeting for the newer missionaries. I loved it. President Deere is just the coolest. He talked about finding, and I just got this animo to go and do the work. After, we just went and got back on the bus back home. It was a long trip for a short meeting, but it was worth it, and definitely needed! That night I got home about 8 and we went and taught T. He says he loves the way he has felt since he´s been talking with us. 
Thursday Hna. N made yummy stir fry and then we went out to work. I talked to this guy on the street named M. He is from Cuba and he´s a lawyer here. He was super nice, and we taught him the Book of Mormon. We also set up a cita with him. Then we talked to C and invited her to church.. she said she would come this week. Then we saw F!! We taught him the first part of the Plan of Salvation and focused on the Atonement. ohhhH QUÉ FUERTE esa lección! Oh man the Spirit was strong. We asked him to be baptized and he accepted a date for the 8th of March. He is so ready! He could be ready before that, but that one just felt good. 
Friday morning we walked for a good three hours because no one was home. Then we ate at G´s. She made us queso frito (fried cheese), arepas, lentejas, rice, meat, potatoes, and fruit to end. Ohh man, I was stuffed. I had eaten a lot already, and she just looks at me and tells me to eat more. I was so full, and so sick. We left and went to the chapel to have our lesson with J. We taught him the restoration and he loved it. He already knows a lot and he accepted a fecha for the 8th also. Then we taught A. We thought he was a little mad at us because he failed on us twice. But he came and said that he prayed and that he won´t have a problem with the five things, (tea, coffee, tobacco, alcohol, and illegal drugs) then he named them off. He said he felt something in the lesson, but he prayed to make sure and he said he won´t do it. It was really cool. Then he pulled out a tithing slip and said, ´´Can you teach me about this?´´ It was a great lesson and M bore a strong testimony. Then we went to teach F and his wife E. We taught the rest of the Plan of Salvation and E loved it. We invited them to church, but I think they´re a little worried about the kids. Maybe if we had the primary president come with us to a lesson or something. After that we went to Roxanna´s to eat. I was still more than full and then she fed us really yummy meat with cilantro sauce and a mountain of rice. Usually she never feeds us that much, but of course she did today!
Saturday we worked so hard to find 2 news, but we ended up walking all morning. Then the sisters from Benidorm were doing a cosecha so we went there. We got hit on by so many creeps. An old man asked me to a discoteca and touched my cheek... super gross.
It was a pretty interesting evening. I got to chat with Hna. J on the way back to Alicante, that was nice, it was like we were coming back from Valverde again! I just love her. As I was sitting in the trainers training, everything President taught is exactly how Hna. J was. She´s so great! I hope i can take what I learned from her and put it into practice! That night we taught MC again. Her grandma is scared for her to ask her parents if she can be baptized. It´s a little sad ): 
Sunday we walked with C to church and she absolutely LOVED it. She said the people were so so nice to her. I guess I just don´t see that, I’m glad our investigators do, but sometimes the people can be a little stand-offish. But she loved everything about it. That night we said goodbye to a bunch of members. The saddest was E. She is super mad that Hna. Nielsen is leaving. She really likes her. She was pretty bummed.
So yeah that was my week! I´ll be going to Málaga again tomorrow for 1 day and bring my hija back with me! (: I´m excited and I´m so happy I have a mother who is such a good example for me! (You mom... not just Hna. J) (;
I love you so much!! I have a testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Everything is part of Heavenly Father´s plan. He loves us, and He restored the church so we can receive all the blessings of being a part of it!
Love,
Hermana Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment